Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jegs All Stars

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Jegs All Stars

Just watched the Jegs All Stars race from Route 66 on ESPN.Just curious how others feel about classes like the Super Comp & Super Gas? Damn nice cars running good numbers, just not sure if i would enjoy the soft launches.Not looking for a word fight on the subject just not sure i would enjoy that. JMO What do you guys think?

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I understand its an art to make your car run an 8.90 or a 9.90 but if I am at the track its the time I get up to go the bathroom or get a drink. I just dont like throttle stop racing, JMO...
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

I run Supergas and have run both Superstreet and Supercomp. I do it for 2 reasons: first, it gives me the opportunity to run divisional and national events, and 2nd, because I like the challenge. It's definately a challenge to set up a car to run a specific number run after run. Lot's of math etc....
    I really prefer to run flat out, and when I bracket race, I do.....it's a heck of a lot easier to put a dial-in on the car than it is to run an index.

Johnny

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    To make sure I understand how the stuff works...If a car is running a 9.90 index with the throtle stop...it is probably what? a low 9 second or high 8 second car? Throtle stop it to kill E.T. and then have some really BIG MPH at the stripe?

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    i would rather see run what you brung racing And hope you brought enough. I like seeing wheelies instead of soft launches and all the new crap they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    To make sure I understand how the stuff works...If a car is running a 9.90 index with the throtle stop...it is probably what? a low 9 second or high 8 second car? Throtle stop it to kill E.T. and then have some really BIG MPH at the stripe?
    Yep, a guy here in Jackson Ms. running the IHRA nationals (S/ST 10.90 class) ran 152 mph, how reduclious is that. He later ran 156 mph running at a different event in the 10.90 class.

Zip.

I agree with you Zip. That's nuts, especially in Superstreet! Try judging the stripe with that when half your competition is running 125-130mph. Throttle stops can get really hard to manage when you have that much on the index too....mine will go 155-156 on a 9.90 index at lower altitude and it's in the middle of the pack speed wise. It would run low 8's at 160+ in the same conditions off the stop. I've seen some SG cars running 170+ at 9.90. I just don't see the logic in that. Don't get me wrong, I like being the chaser.... but damn!

Johnny

They actually still hit hard, and go on the stop out a little bit, they are at full throttle at the hit.

Most cars can go 1second under the index, I know a 10.90 guys wo can run 8.6's all out, 9.90 cars that can go 7.70's and you'd love Mike Manners 8.90 car 210mph
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Man talk about pooping your pants...be just about to take the stripe when some guy roars past ya at 200 mph.

I know the 90 classes can be boring to watch but it is fun to leave on a pro tree. I run S/ST and don't run a delay box or a throttle stop. I slow my car down with weight and timing. So it kinda freaks some guys out when I take off will the wheels in the air and it lokks like I'm running all out. I usually run 10.90 125 mph.
    I'm running A/S this year and to be honest S/ST is more fun to do. No matter what, I think heads up is fun and I've run alot of super pro and Pro bracket racing over the years.