Thread: 73 duster 460 big block project

73 duster 460 big block project

im going to put my 73 duster on airbags i was wondering if it would be better to weld the 4 link to the frame rather than getting costom mounts fabricated... its getting a 460(Ford) in it and im trying to get it up to about 800hp i think welding it would make it more sturdy

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Well number one, That Duster has no 'frame' but is unibodied. The actual points where you might be attaching the 4link pivots are made of heavy gauge sheet metal, not steel as in a frame car. Unless you've purchased or are fabbing slip-over steel covers you've got a real good chance of literally ripping those pivots right out.
    Working up a rectangular steel subframe will be a million steps in the correct and safer direction.

Like this; http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-120-...ro-street.aspx
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    put a REAL steel subframe under the rear :lol: :lol:

it ain't good when the metal tears out at 100mph :cry: :evil: :cry: :shock: :shock:

how much would it be to build a full frame under it???????? im in afghanistan so im not around the car right now its at a friends house he picked it up for me

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Go Mopar!! or atleast a BBC I'm think 468 !!!Mopar Makes It Chevy Shakes It!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: 73 duster 460 big block project

Quote Originally Posted by aaron0387
    im going to put my 73 duster on airbags i was wondering if it would be better to weld the 4 link to the frame rather than getting costom mounts fabricated... its getting a 460(Ford) in it and im trying to get it up to about 800hp i think welding it would make it more sturdy
    ALL THIS TALK OF CROSS BREEDING'S NOT GONNA SIT WELL WITH MOPAR1968!! :shock: :P :P

no mopar makes ford shakes it

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MOPARS GONNA GET AHOLD OF YOU!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    If your going to use a Ford power plant why not use a Ford body :?: :?: Don't disgrace a good Mopar by using a junk engine in it :!: :!: JMO Mark
    Head's up the true drag race!!