Just a suggestion

Old 06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
rdtoolmaker
SHOW GUEST

Default Just a suggestion

When dealing on Racingjunk.com OR any other site that sells products, how about, after agreeing on a price, telling the seller to post it on Ebay with a "buy it now " price, then pay the money to the person with Paypal. I think this is a reasonable answer to some crooked guys "sales". I have recently lost almost 800.00 U.S. with dealings with 2 crooks. This is peanuts compared to what other guys have lost(after reading the scammer watch on this site). Like most other guys, I work long hard hours for my money, & in these times, its extra hard to have any kind of racing hobby. As far as I'm concerned, I won't even buy a stick of gum without some of the protection offered by Ebay. I know Ebay isn't perfect, but you have a better chance of some help, in case of a problem. Just my opinion. Anybody got some better ideas? thanks for reading
Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Because on larger amounts paypal takes a rather large chunk out of the money you send to the seller.PLUS as TWINFOGGERSBC has proven, it makes it much easier for a crooked buyer to rip off a seller. example claiming item never arived or wasn't as described etc...Paypal almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer when there is a problem. JUST MY OPINION.

I use ebay and have never sold anything on racing junk but that is my observation.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Todd there's more too it than that. Ebay has gotten crazy with their fees also. Example just last week i sold a b/blk injection and a b/blk injection manifold only. The injection for $800.00 th emainifold for $550.00. Total $1350.00 plus $105.00 shipping. Paypal took $43.00, ebay sent me a bill for $99.50 ($50 and $49.50) That's almost 10% of the sale. By contrast, i also had a very nice restored 1970 Nova SS clone listed with a reserve of $18,000.00 and a very nice restored 1971 C10 listed with a reserve of $16,500.00, If either one had sold the fee would would have been $125.00 each, go figure it just don't make $'s and sense to me.

JMO

Zip.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Yep, i like the way E-bay charges you after you sell it. and when you post it, then payPal gets you when you pay for it,,
Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Payment

I still prefer the Postal M.O. It takes alittle longer to get the parts but the seller has the money in his hand before the parts leave..As far as the buyer getting what he pays for?? I havent figured that one out yet,I will say the members that have been out there for along time seem to always send what they advertise--Im not in anyway suggesting newer members dont because I buy from lots of people--Im not really sure if theres any fool proof method when dealing with people..Im working on it as folks have been for decades & if I come up with something I will be sure & let everyone know..
I WONDER HOW I DID THAT???POSTED TWICE>>>
Old 06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Payment

I still prefer the Postal M.O. It takes alittle longer to get the parts but the seller has the money in his hand before the parts leave..As far as the buyer getting what he pays for?? I havent figured that one out yet,I will say the members that have been out there for along time seem to always send what they advertise--Im not in anyway suggesting newer members dont because I buy from lots of people--Im not really sure if theres any fool proof method when dealing with people..Im working on it as folks have been for decades & if I come up with something I will be sure & let everyone know..
Old 06-06-2010, 05:26 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

OLD AGE ops: ops:

OLD AGE ops: ops:

IT IS CATCHING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Payment

Originally Posted by wlpatterson
I agree if you are dealing with a private party, BUT if you are dealing with a business, such as the person who bought the injection units last week, he has a paypal account and so do i and ebays policy is that you accept paypal if they and you have an account. I'm o'k with the 3% deduction but my bank sucks the money was transferred last thursday and it's still not on my account, they are obviously holding the money too the last minute and tomorrow i'm going in there and threaten too change banks. It may not help but they will know i was there.

Zip.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

yeh I like postal money orders myself and for any larger purchase I only buy in person.As far as ebay and paypal they are nothing but scammers themselves.I used to sell on ebay and use paypal but the fees got so out of hand I dont ever use them anymore.I cant believe there are still people out there that do use them.If someone told me I had to go through ebay or paypal to make a deal then the deal would be off immediately.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
rdtoolmaker
SHOW GUEST

Default just a suggestion

wow, lots of good ideas, thanks guys. I really didn't know about the kind of problems & expense of dealing with Ebay & Paypal that people are having. Actually, I'm kinda surprised that anyone would speak up on this. Thanks again guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -