Thread: Eagle Rods Vs. Scat Rods? Which is better

Eagle Rods Vs. Scat Rods? Which is better

I am looking for serious answers here! Not "oh there both Junk!" Will one handle more HP than the other? I have heard the Scat cranks are pretty good, but the rods? well Ihave heard some stories long ago, but that has been a while ago! I have used Eagle rods before and they worked just fine! Any thoughts?
    Honest experience is appreciated!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Only experience I've had with any Scat product was a camshaft I run in a VW motor so I cant help with that one.
    In case you didnt know, both Eagle and Scat cranks/rods are cast/forged overseas in China but the final maching is done here in the US.
    It pretty much boils down to the quality of the machine work.

I've had good luck out of Eagle.

Cp

For there competitive price, you get what you pay for. If they are set up properly and not abused, they both have worked fine in all applications I have used both of them for.

I like Eagle but they must have the L-19 Rod Bolts. I've had them in 1000hp with nitrous on top of that with good luck and my engine builder has used them in 1600hp deals.

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    I like Eagle but they must have the L-19 Rod Bolts. I've had them in 1000hp with nitrous on top of that with good luck and my engine builder has used them in 1600hp deals.
    X2 not much difference in quality, i've used both from 500 HP engines to blown applications, but alway use the L19 bolts.

Zip.