Warning Scammer Hot Rod Revolution Bart Johnson ad #1847007

Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
colvin28
SHOW GUEST

Default Warning Scammer Hot Rod Revolution Bart Johnson ad #1847007

I am sending this to warn you that you may have a scammer on your board.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/9...00-amp-up.html

I was looking for a 6.0 ls2 block but decided to go with a L92 6.2 liter. I called Bart Johnson at hot rod revolution to inquire about a motor, got some good info and was ready to buy. I sent my money by Paypal to Joe Campbell March 31, 2010, they then sent me confirmation that they received the money April 5th. I ended up having to file a claim with Paypal on April 23, after numerous attempts to contact Bart again for a tracking number.

Since I cannot get this resolved with the seller directly, I have escalated the claim in Paypal, hoping they can get my $3500 back. We are still waiting on their response, but one would think that if Paypal took the money out of their account once the claim was made, they would have responded instantly.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I hope they make this right; keep us posted on the outcome.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

yes please keep us updated on the results.I have dealt with paypal several times and can say they absolutely suck.They have no problem taking your money for their fees but when it comes to backing their transactions they suck.Hopefully they have improved their techniques.Thats the reason I never go through paypal anymore and only deal face to face.On small items I will do postal money orders since its federal thing people get more nervous to rip you off.take care and very good luck to you
Old 05-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

I just emailed the add and asked them to come on here.Theres also a number you can call on the add.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
colvin28
SHOW GUEST

Default Update

Paypal resolved the issue by awarding me my money back for non compliance from the seller. Thanks for all the interest, and if anyone is thinking of buying from anyone in a different state i would suggest a secured payment method for insurance reasons like this.