Thread: DOMINATOR RECCOMENDATION

DOMINATOR RECCOMENDATION

I HAVE A 540 PUMP GAS MOTOR 10.5 COMPRESSION GRUMPY JENKINS ALUM MERLIN HEADS, ROLLER CAM DURATION @50 INTAKE 275, EXHAUST 286, LIFT 746 INTAKE 751 EXHAUST, TURBO 400 10" CONVERTER 3800 STAHL,WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT CARB TO USE, HOLLEY ULTRA 1050, OR THE QUICK FUEL, 2OR 3 CIRCUIT, OR OTHER BRANDS, THE CAR WILL BE ON THE STREET 90% OF THE TIME, THANKS

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    As far as the carb goes I would probably go with a Holley 1050. But my concern on this combo is that it looks like it has a little too much cam for a 10.5 compression motor. With a cam that big, your dynamic or running compression is going to be from 7.5 to about 8 to 1. This depends on when your intake valve closes. JMO

TS1955

dominator reccomendation

Quote Originally Posted by TS1955
    As far as the carb goes I would probably go with a Holley 1050. But my concern on this combo is that it looks like it has a little too much cam for a 10.5 compression motor. With a cam that big, your dynamic or running compression is going to be from 7.5 to about 8 to 1. This depends on when your intake valve closes. JMO

TS1955
    i know the cam is to big at the time thats the only cam i had, on the carb should i use a 2 or 3 circuit, and the holley is better than the quick fuel, what size cam would be good, thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE jmarksdragster's Avatar
    If it were mine I'd get the Ultra 7320, 2 circuit 1150. Your engine will be much happier.
    Mark Whitener
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work can't be good.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Dopminator recommendation

I own a 1050 Ultra and it is very coinsistant on a 496 BBC bracket engine. If you are using it on the street I would consider having a carb custom built to get it right for you. Pro Systems would be my choice. I have an old Pro Systems 1050 also and it is just as good as the Ultra, just not as pretty.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    think of your cam this way...if it was smaller and made more torque, could u use it on the street???