opinions please dodge challenger

Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
vanillacc1
SHOW GUEST

Default opinions please dodge challenger

Hi i am after some help with a car on ebay at the moment i saw this about a year ago and it did not sell and is back on.
I am basicaly looking for a car that can be run on the street but also on the track and i have always loved challengers with a blower hanging out of the hood.
I am interested in what you could expect time wise on the 1/4 and also if the 800 hp it is quoting is realistic with the setup and what i could expect from this motor on a race setup.

spec is below and a link to the original add.
I am based in the UK so dont want to waste a flight

Thanks Richard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...item19babcca90

This is a one time deal. My loss your gain. There is over twice as much money invested in this car than what i am asking. There is no reserve. If you bid on this car it is yours for the taking. Here are the specs:

The car started life as an original 360/4 speed car. It now sports a 1967 440. It was bored .030" with a steel crank and Eagle rods with Ross dish pistons. It is topped with "452" casting heads with dual springs and hardened exhaust valve seats for unleaded gas. Ignition is all MSD with 6AL box. The compression is a mild 7.5:1 so it RUNS ON PUMP GAS, and can handle the boost provided by the BDS 871 polished and teflon coated BLOWER topped off with twin Holley 800 CFM double pumper carbs fed by a Barry Grant king enduro fuel system and fuel cell.

It is currently setup to run 8 lbs of boost making an estimated 800+ horsepower for the street. In race trim this power plant can be tuned for way more horses. Everything is kept cool with an aluminum radiator and electric fans. The exhuast exits via through Hooker ceramic coated headers into 3" exhaust. The power is handled by a JW Torqueflight automatic transmission with a reverse manual valvebody, and a 10" steel hub 3400 RPM stall converter. The rear is a narrow 8-3/4 QA coilovers with 3.23 gears, solid spool, and 35 spline 27" Strange rear axles. To handle the power a huge set of 15" Weld Racing wheels out the back are fitted with 29x18.5. Fronts are matching 15" Weld wheels with 26x7.5 tires. Stopping is handled by power front disk breaks and rear drums.

Inside is a complete Candy Apple Colored custom roll cage, custom seats and upholstery, tinted windows, a full compliment of Autometer gauges, and Pioneer sounds system and DVD player. Even has cup holders!

Outside is a razor straight body, custom strobe and checker graphics, and a huge blower out the hood. This car is street legal and can be driven anywhere, horn and windsheild wipers not connected, this car never sees the rain. It is a sick amazing attention getter, show winner and crowd pleaser. This is the real deal! This car has never been raced
Old 03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

I don't see it making 800 hp with 7.5 compression and only 8 lbs boost on pump gas. JMO more like 550-600 HP

neverless GREAT LOOKING CAR
Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Nah nowhere near 800hp, I agree maybe 600 at most, Challengers are heavier than you think, My wifes comes in at 3400 lbs, It is sporting a 440,727. The engine is heavy modified, 0.30,12.1,eagle rods,eagle crank, ross pistons, indy heads,590-305 comp camshaft , indy intake, 950. It run's 10.30 1/4. Just to give you some idea :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I agree that the HP guess is off, other than that, beautiful car.

I'd jump on it if I had the dough.

Cp
Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Dahlton
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

In my oppinion.
I would say that the heads are restricting that engne it could maybe make 800hp with alot more boost and different heads. If the 452:s are not ported they don't flow that good. If I remember correct 650NA horses is good with max ported mopar 452 heads (might remember wrong) . then if you slap a blower on it it could make about 1000 with much boost and other parts.
I did not see in the text if he had billet main caps or a stud girdle? I consider that a must for BB mopar over 600hp on a stock block. (better safe then sorry)
And what's up with the non reinforced 8 3/4? ok it's narrowed that helps but still?? seen those housings twist...

I would think it can run 10's with spinning the sXXt out off the blower and hoping that it does not make too much heat...

anywayst that is only my oppinion...
Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 AM
vanillacc1
SHOW GUEST

Hi thanks for the feedback it is much appretiated.
If i wanted to get this to be a low 9 sec car what would you estimate i need in hp and also do you think the gear box and back end will take that and what engine mods would i need to do and rough cost.

thanks
richard