Thread: ls1 wiring mess

ls1 wiring mess

okay i have a complete wiring harness from a 99 trans am i assume they didn't cut anything important at this point for now. i saw a stand alone conversion harness to convert the stock harness i have an ez wiring harness do i need to buy the convertion to make my 1937 chevy start? i thought i have all the wiring i needed? the conversion is only like 95 bucks.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER chevynovaman's Avatar
    I THINK THE EZ WIRING HARNESS YOUR TALKING ABOUT WILL NOT RUN THE ENGINE, BUT WILL WIRE THE CAR FOR YOU SUCH AS LIGHTS IGNITION... YOU HAVE THE COMPLETE WIRING HARNESS FROM A TRANS AM I DONT THINK YOU NEED THE EZ HARNESS..... I RUN A EZ HARNESS TO WIRE THE CAR, AND I BOUGHT A AFTERMARKET HARNESS FOR THE ENGINE... YOU MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING THAT TRANS AM HARNESS CONNECTORS TO GO TO YOUR 1937 CHEVY SWITCHES AND BLINKERS ,, THE EZ WIRING WILL HOOK TO THEM....OPINION,,, GOOD LUCK
    1968 CAMARO 302 4 SPD IN THE ROUGH
    1957 CHEVY FUEL INJECTED LS1 4L60E BEAUTY
    1962 CHEVY II NOVA 496 LETS RACE

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Re: ls1 wiring mess

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyboy86
    okay i have a complete wiring harness from a 99 trans am i assume they didn't cut anything important at this point for now. i saw a stand alone conversion harness to convert the stock harness i have an ez wiring harness do i need to buy the convertion to make my 1937 chevy start? i thought i have all the wiring i needed? the conversion is only like 95 bucks.
    There are two harnesses, the engine with ECM and the body harness. You only need the engine harness with the ECM. From there you will need a harness for your body. I've used 3 of the EZ harnesses on three different 37's I've wired for a customer. On the engine harness I only remember hooking up power, ground, ign, and speed sensor... I have plenty of pictures of these cars if you ever need a visual....

Oh, we mounted the ECM in the passenger rear quarter...not a lot of room under the dash onece you install heat, air, and wipers....if you ever think of doing this, it took 330ft of wire to extend the LS1 harness 6ft! LOL

Jeff Brandenburg
    Dykes & Strippers Custom wiring
    www.dykesandstripperscustomwiring.com

4. Racing Junk