Thread: 427 SBC With New AFR 235 Heads

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

427 SBC With New AFR 235 Heads

Just wanted to share with everybody what you can expect with the new AFR 235 Eliminator heads. These are some great heads, Compression is a must.
    Do not use them on anything smaller or with less compression or you will be very unhappy.

759.4 Horsepower and 613.2 Torque

Check out the dyno video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIkLctL1S0A
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER TheEngineer's Avatar
    Everything I've heard (from many people) the new AFR 235 Eliminator heads are probably the best 23 degree heads available.

I ended-up going with the Dart Pro-1 230s on my new 427, but I did consider the AFR 235s. I ended-up and bought the Pro-1s bare and build them up myself (saved a few bucks).

I'm probably making around 700 HP and have about as much HP as I can handle at the moment in my 2300 pound car. LOL!!!

Warren

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER TheEngineer's Avatar
    I forgot to mention, when I was at the SEMA Show last year I stopped by the AFR booth and looked over the 235 Eliminator heads. Those heads looked better than most of the Show-Girls I saw in Las Vegas!!! What I noticed mostly, was how straight the intake runners were. Also, the CNC porting was a work-of-art!

Warren