What do you think ?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
whosyurdaddy
APPRENTICE

Default What do you think ?

I'm looking for some opinions on a car purchase . A buddy of mine has found a 66 Nova roller for sale for 4K , now the car is advertised as having new floor pans , quarters ( car is in primer ), all glass intact , complete interior and was an original 283 a/t on the column car . What makes this deal seem odd to me is the owner has advertised this car off and on for about month on Craigslist and has only returned one email out of many my buddy has sent and seems hard to pin down on a viewing time . Oh ya the pic's that have been posted have been poor quality . I say the owner is lonely and bored and wants attention . Any thoughts ?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Is it for sale on RJ?? Is there a link that we can see the car. It would help us let you knwo what we think of it instead of guessing.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:45 AM
whosyurdaddy
APPRENTICE

The car is on Indianapolis Craigslist but not on RJ . The pictures posted as I said are poor quality but still show you enough to lead you to believe this car could be a good deal . The real problem here is the evasiveness of the seller , it took over a week and many emails to finally get the seller to respond and getting him pinned down to a viewing time seems to be the next hurdle . I think my buddy is chasing a ghost but I told him I would post this on RJ to see what others think . The car is about an hour and a half away from my buddies house so it's not a major trip but still time you don't want to waste .
Old 03-05-2010, 04:17 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

I would think if someone is sincere about selling a vehicle, and have posted it on Craigslist to sell, they would/should take the time to contact prospective buyers. If your friend has doubts about this person, he should just back away from the deal. When red flags pop up in deals, take them to heart, something might not be on the up and up. Now that's not to say something didn't happen maybe family wise and he's tied up dealing with that. If you're able to contact him and he's willing to show the car in reasonable times, it might be worth the 1.5 hour drive. Keep us posted as to what happens.