anybody going to the Gatornationals???

Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default anybody going to the Gatornationals???

Sorry fellow sharks, I have not really had the time to come on here and cruise for chum lately, I have been workin on my car a little plus dealing with some health and personal issues. The main thing I am doing is getting ready for vacation, next Thursday the wife and I are heading down to Florida for a week. Sunday the 14th we will be at the Gatornationals working the DRAW booth and selling elimination ladders. If anyone else is going to be there please come by the booth and look me up! Monday the 15th is my wifes 40th birthday, we are renting a house right on the ocean in a small town called Cedar Key on the gulf side, so we will be sitting in the back yard drinkin beers and celebrating in our own little way! We both quit smoking on January 21st, the day after I went to the emergency room cause I thought I was having a heart attack, so this vacation is a well needed one and we are ready to leave right now! The highlight of the trip will be going over to Ocala on Tuesday to visit Big Daddy's museum. His wife Pat is one of the founding members of DRAW and we get to go there and count the money in the DRAW donation jugs she keeps there. Its kinda nice hanging out with her and the dogs for a couple of hours and Bid Daddy's office is a museum in itself, the man doesnt say much but just being around him is just as cool as it gets for a middle age gearhead!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

wish we COULD go , but nhra has ran the prices up so high , the small guy can't afford it any more good luck on the quitting smoking deal , you will be glad you did , I promise...I quit in may 1995 after 26 years of smoking and never looked back . now I can't understand why I ever did it to start with..not a good habit by any means (not trying to offend anyone) ...yeah , Don and Pat are real nice down to earth people , I have had the chance to be around them on several occations in the past 40 years or so. Hope you have fun,,,,,,Paul
Old 03-02-2010, 03:52 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hope you and your wife have a great time. Also hope your health is doing better. Down a couple cold ones for me too would ya.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Have a goodtime Chris and cudos on kicking the habit - I hope you stay that way.
I need to quit, again....
I quit once for 5 years, picked them suckers right back up one night after "a few beers" so be careful.

Beer seems to be my dilema, if I dont drink I dont even want one, but if I pop the top on a beer, I better have 2 packs handy.

Wish I was going, Chow> Cp
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

good luck harbone on your vacation and godspeed for your health and
quiting the smoking tire (cigarettes) been there and its tough
post any pics you take at the gators and happy bday to your
wife, take care bud :wink:
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Cp,
I quit back in 2000, didnt smoke for 3 years. my wife was SUPPOSED to quit since she has just been diagnosed with MS, I quit to support her but she never quit. after 3 years of her still smoking and going to smokey bars I picked it back up again. This time I am done for good, she quit the day after I did, you cant smoke in Illinois bars anymore and I went out drinkin last weekend and never got an urge. The one thing I did notice is when my friends came back from smoking they all stunk like an ashtray!
beer does taste better though!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
cam67152
MASTER BUILDER

[quote="harbone66"]Cp,
I quit back in 2000, didnt smoke for 3 years. my wife was SUPPOSED to quit since she has just been diagnosed with MS, I quit to support her but she never quit. after 3 years of her still smoking and going to smokey bars I picked it back up again. This time I am done for good, she quit the day after I did, you cant smoke in Illinois bars anymore and I went out drinkin last weekend and never got an urge. The one thing I did notice is when my friends came back from smoking they all stunk like an ashtray!
beer does taste better though![/quote]

And it don't stink 8) 8)
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

bags are packed, getting ready to hit the road at noon, 10 hours to Chattanooga and then finish the drive in the morning. I will try to post some pics Suday night or Monday. I miss the smell of nitro and rubber so here comes the fix :!: