shifters

Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Default shifters

I am looking at differnt shifters for my new combo will be a glide so have to buy a shifter
I have always used a pro rachet from b&m and like that shifter but also am looking at
http://www.precisionperformance.com/kshift.htm
and the hurst
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-3162001/?rtype=10
has any one used either one of these gate shifters and if you did your oppion on them
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I have a Hurst in my car and there is nothing wrong at all with it. One question I have to consider about the first one on your list is, do you need two actions to get it into reverse? I prefer one that you do have to remove your hand to get to the reverse lockout or use both hands.

Curtis
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I have the Hurst quarter stick, the $165.00 one and the extra, alum cover at $45.00, works very well, i have my transbrake button mounted right behind the shifter, some people mount them on the steering wheel, but i don't want to accidently active mine.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

I just got a precision performance shifter for my dragster. Got it because of size constraints and reputation. After taking it out of the box and playing with it, and the time I spent on the phone with the guy that makes them, I'll never run anything else.........
Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Precision shifters are awesome! The hurst I bought, the cable was N/G , had to get them to get me another one.Also the roll control I bought had something wrong with it too.Dam made in china.Do you believe the stuff made in china!Hurst was good about the screw ups thank god.DR.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Hurst quarter stick with the electric shift solenoid......I can't shift for crap. ops: I always forget to shift.