Thread: shifters

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

shifters

I am looking at differnt shifters for my new combo will be a glide so have to buy a shifter
    I have always used a pro rachet from b&m and like that shifter but also am looking at
    http://www.precisionperformance.com/kshift.htm
    and the hurst
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-3162001/?rtype=10
    has any one used either one of these gate shifters and if you did your oppion on them

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I have a Hurst in my car and there is nothing wrong at all with it. One question I have to consider about the first one on your list is, do you need two actions to get it into reverse? I prefer one that you do have to remove your hand to get to the reverse lockout or use both hands.

Curtis

I have the Hurst quarter stick, the $165.00 one and the extra, alum cover at $45.00, works very well, i have my transbrake button mounted right behind the shifter, some people mount them on the steering wheel, but i don't want to accidently active mine.

JMO

Zip.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I just got a precision performance shifter for my dragster. Got it because of size constraints and reputation. After taking it out of the box and playing with it, and the time I spent on the phone with the guy that makes them, I'll never run anything else.........
    Mark Goulette
    Owner/Driver of the Livin' the Dream dragster
    www.livinthedreamracing.com
    Speed kills, but it's better than going slow!!!!

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Precision shifters are awesome! The hurst I bought, the cable was N/G , had to get them to get me another one.Also the roll control I bought had something wrong with it too.Dam made in china.Do you believe the stuff made in china!Hurst was good about the screw ups thank god.DR.

Hurst quarter stick with the electric shift solenoid......I can't shift for crap. ops: I always forget to shift.