Gideon13 (Chris Thornton) can't be trusted

Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM
mousemuscles
APPRENTICE

Default Gideon13 (Chris Thornton) can't be trusted

Gideon13 aka Chris Thornton advertised a '67 Chevelle fiberglass hood with scoop for sale. I responded, we agreed on a price. I should have gotten the bad vibe when he didn't want to use an escrow service, but just wanted me to send the money for the hood and shipping first. I posted the money with escrow.com, on January 25th. After two weeks, and his ignoring two emails asking where is my hood, I called him. He responded back with an email saying he had problems that were not my business, and that he would send the hood at some time in the future that he would not specify. Last week, he reposted the ad in Racingjunk, and yesterday, he cancelled the deal through escrow.com. My money has been tied up for over a month, and the guy doesn't do what he promises. I was charged the full fee of $25 by escrow.com when he cancelled. He is also trying to sell a Chevelle VIN plate, which is illegal. Deal with this guy at your own risk.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Do you have the ad #s for these products?? They would help out a lot.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Do you have an ad # so we can contact him and ruffle his feathers a bit?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Here is the current ad number 1786848

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I messaged him let's see if he show's :?: :?:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
gideon13
APPRENTICE

well im here and this guy is crying over property that he has not paid for yet. i have never ripped anyone off and have never had to use an escrow service. to me the bad vibe has come from this guy because he also asked me to lower the price then he asked me to split the escrow fee. well im the one who is out the shipping (135.00) if he refuses to buy it. im the one who has to get all the legwork done. well damn i guess me doing all the work here is really reason enough for him to gripe. then i advise him that back surgery is about to happen i have allot of things to get done and cannot do it right now. then he says when are YOU going to ship MY hood. last i looked it is sitting in my garage and no greenbacks are in my hand and i guess that makes it MY hood. i never said i wouldn't sell him the hood just not going to happen right now. then he goes and reports a sale on the hood and that has not happened either. so i should hang my ass out there for him to refuse the hood, keep it, and then tell escrow.com that its shipped back, yeah right. this guy is very demanding and feels that he has been screwed over. do you want your 25.00 dollars that you are crying over back? i will be glad to send that to you. i would rather be out 25.00 that out 135.00 and a hood. i deal with and tell people to deal with USPS money orders, so that if i or they dont feel comfortable then there is the federal theft aspect to deal with if i or they do not follow through. i have bought on here allot and sold and i dont need to rip anyone off. i dont work that way. so from your own opinion. because now i have a better option on the hood if he wants to buy it, and only for him. no shipping pick up only. now that way you will be able to view the hood in person and decide up front if it is worth buying or not.

Thank You Drive Through
Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gideon13
well im here and this guy is crying over property that he has not paid for yet. i have never ripped anyone off and have never had to use an escrow service. to me the bad vibe has come from this guy because he also asked me to lower the price then he asked me to split the escrow fee. well im the one who is out the shipping (135.00) if he refuses to buy it. im the one who has to get all the legwork done. well damn i guess me doing all the work here is really reason enough for him to gripe. then i advise him that back surgery is about to happen i have allot of things to get done and cannot do it right now. then he says when are YOU going to ship MY hood. last i looked it is sitting in my garage and no greenbacks are in my hand and i guess that makes it MY hood. i never said i wouldn't sell him the hood just not going to happen right now. then he goes and reports a sale on the hood and that has not happened either. so i should hang my ass out there for him to refuse the hood, keep it, and then tell escrow.com that its shipped back, yeah right. this guy is very demanding and feels that he has been screwed over. do you want your 25.00 dollars that you are crying over back? i will be glad to send that to you. i would rather be out 25.00 that out 135.00 and a hood. i deal with and tell people to deal with USPS money orders, so that if i or they dont feel comfortable then there is the federal theft aspect to deal with if i or they do not follow through. i have bought on here allot and sold and i dont need to rip anyone off. i dont work that way. so from your own opinion. because now i have a better option on the hood if he wants to buy it, and only for him. no shipping pick up only. now that way you will be able to view the hood in person and decide up front if it is worth buying or not.

Thank You Drive Through
Thank you for coming on here and telling us your side of this. Also welcome to the forums.

Also is it true about selling a VIN plate on RJ?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Gideon13 (Chris Thornton) can't be trusted

Originally Posted by mousemuscles
Gideon13 aka Chris Thornton advertised a '67 Chevelle fiberglass hood with scoop for sale. I responded, we agreed on a price. I should have gotten the bad vibe when he didn't want to use an escrow service, but just wanted me to send the money for the hood and shipping first. I posted the money with escrow.com, on January 25th. After two weeks, and his ignoring two emails asking where is my hood, I called him. He responded back with an email saying he had problems that were not my business, and that he would send the hood at some time in the future that he would not specify. Last week, he reposted the ad in Racingjunk, and yesterday, he cancelled the deal through escrow.com. My money has been tied up for over a month, and the guy doesn't do what he promises. I was charged the full fee of $25 by escrow.com when he cancelled. He is also trying to sell a Chevelle VIN plate, which is illegal. Deal with this guy at your own risk.
Well the bold part is usually how it goes. But if he wanted it one way why would you try to go another route with paying him??
Old 02-12-2010, 12:50 PM
gideon13
APPRENTICE

yes it is true about the VIN plate. i see them on here all the time so i did not know it was illegal to do so. matter of fact i saw one for a 33 willys or something to that effect today or yesterday, cannot remember.

i did send him a nice post so he will not feel left out i even copied it and frankly i am really pissed off about this. here it is.

good for you. make sure to post this on there too. i dont know what your problem is, nor do i now care. but the last time i checked i own this hood. if i decide to change a deal then its my perogative(spelling). now you are trying to lable me as a scammer and i have stolen or taken nothing. fine, if that is how you operate then you yourself look suspect in any and all future dealings that you may have. YOU LIED TO ME WHEN YOU SAID THAT RACINGJUNK OFFERED ESCROW.COM. WELL THEY DONT. so i am not going to ask you to remove it of the scammer list i reeally dont care. i have done nothing wrong except to piss you off. your nonchalant way of responding to my back surgery and saying "cant you get someone else to do it" was really pathetic and very rude. i guess so long as you get what you want then phuck everyone else is ok with you. i do not have to answer to you. so go on and blast me some more, for something i have not done, and that was rip you off.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
gideon13
APPRENTICE

sorry think i hit the new topic button by mistake so ignore the thread that states HOOD by itself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -