Thread: Be Safe

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Be Safe

Hey Everyone,
    I wanted to ask all my Racing Junk buddies to pray for the people that were involved in the power plant explosion in CT. I myself work at a power plant and understand all the dangers involved with this job. I have a buddy of mine that used to work here at the plant that transferred up there to the plant that had the gas explosion. We have not been able to contact him to see if he was involved but still trying. From what I am hearing, they were purging the gas (natural gas) lines to clear them out from construction. When we purged our gas lines before commissioning, we found welding rods, gloves and a lot of slag.
    I am asking all my fellow racing junk buddies to be careful in your everyday lives. I know a lot of us have dangerous jobs and sometimes we get laxed in our safety.
    I will keep everyone posted when I hear something.
    Thanks in advance.
    Chris

Thanks for the post bowtie...We will keep them in our prayers.

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    godspeed and prayers on the way

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by TS1955
    Thanks for the post bowtie...We will keep them in our prayers.

TS1955
    x2 sad news for sure

Just an update, received word that my friend was not at work at the time of the explosion. The explosion was so bad that it blew most of the paneling off the building that holds the gas turbine buildings. From what I have heard so far, they were purging the gas lines with air and they had a gas valve that was leaking by, the static electricty produced by the high volume of air caused the gas to ignite. Not official yet but that is just what I heard.

Chris

So glad to hear that your friend wasn't involved, but we will still pray for the others. My Dad was in a gas well explosion along time ago...He was a Hero to a co-worker at the time. He went back and pulled his friend away from the flames. He's still my Hero.

TS1955

Thanks, I am still praying for the workers and their families as well. TS your dad is a hero. Some people will think about just saving their own lives.

Chris