Kingdom Trailers?????? Located in GA

Old 01-31-2010, 06:23 AM
THier
APPRENTICE

Default Kingdom Trailers?????? Located in GA

Anyone have any good news bad news about them?

I want to reserve my opinions until I hear from others.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
THier
APPRENTICE

Ok,

This has set for a couple of days,,

So I want to warn everyone about Kingdom trailers, I had a trailer delivered 1-9-10, there were a bunch of issues,

Wheels were not the wheels promised, (I could live with this)

All wiring was run through cross members, with no grommets, or protective sleeving All electrical connection are done by half taps, Salt in MD will destroy these connectors, and cause all sort of havoc with the electrical system. (I could have repaired this, and lived with it)

Rear door cables were not adjusted correctly, (I could have repaired my self)

Trailer VIN tag incorrectly listed as a 20 ft, trailer IS 22 ft ordered, (concerned about tagging issues).

Side door binds while opening. (I could have repaired)

Now things I can't deal with,

Kingdom trailers web site says "We manufacture our own custom built trailers" I have come to discover they DO NOT MANUFACTURE ANY TRAILERS. They are strictly a reseller.

Trailer LEAKS, within one week of delivery, (first rain) trailer had water pooling inside. They sent someone to fix it, within 3 days, (first time it snowed) trailer still leaks. The crew did address MOST of the other issues. They now say it is MY responsibility to take trailer 80+ miles to get it repaired, We are talking about 160 miles round trip, to deliver, then 160 miles round trip to pick it up. Plus my time, which according to the "owner" Chris, I will not be reimbursed. There is a RV place closer, but Chris will not allow me to take it there.
Chris also will not replace the trailer, or allow me to return and refund my money. I paid in full when I ordered the trailer.

All of these statements are true, I have pictures of all issues.

I am posting this as a heads up to future customers. If you are close to Kingdom, maybe these things could be handled much easier, but being 650 miles from them is proving to be difficult.

Tom
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A tough deal ya got going there, Tom. You need to move this thread to the Scammers section though, please.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

should have checked around the forum before buying , its full of post about trailers such as this one
http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...=11348&start=0
Old 02-04-2010, 02:11 PM
THier
APPRENTICE

Also, just did a BBB search, Kingdoms site says they are "Kingdom Trailers is a better business bureau and local Chamber of Commerce member. "

They used to be "Ace Cargo trailers" and neither is accredited with the BBB. Kingdom is listed as DBA Ace cargo trailers, owner of both is Chris Singletary.

There are 2 unresolved complaints against Ace cargo trailers.

How do I get this moved to the scammers section. I orginally posted here hoping to get folks telling me they were great to deal with, and hopefully this could be worked out.

I will update this post,, good or bad.
Tom
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

one of the Moderators can do it for you, thats the only way I know of..
Old 02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Send Bjuice a pm about this thread and that you would like it moved to the scammer feedback section. If he sees fit he will take care of it. He is a good guy.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

I went through problems with TC'S Trailers out of Frankfort Indiana several years ago. A lot of places just slam these things together and sell them quick. Mine was an open trailer with hardly any to no paint under the trailer, wire ran through frame holes burnt through with a torch no gromets, bearing grease whats bearing grease, wiring did not work period, I had to buy my own light kit and start over. They said they would fix some of the stuff if I drove the 125 mile rund trip to drop off and again to pick up. Sorry no return policy, I swallowed my pride and kept the trailer and never did business with them again.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 AM
THier
APPRENTICE

Update,

I talked to the "local" (80 miles away) trailer place Kingdom wanted me to take the trailer for repair, after asking me for details on problem, they do not want to get involved. Not that I blame them. Funny thing is,, their best guess, (not seeing the trailer) as far as repair costs, is the same as the place 7 or so miles from me, that Kingdom did not want to pay. Now waiting on a return call from Kingdom.

Let me say this, the office manager,, seems like a great lady, she honstly seems to be trying to help,, but the owner seems to be the issue.

I will continue to update.

Tom
Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 AM
THier
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by mooneye777
They said they would fix some of the stuff if I drove the 125 mile rund trip to drop off and again to pick up. Sorry no return policy, I swallowed my pride and kept the trailer and never did business with them again.
Funny, I was told "it's only 80 miles from you" by Chris, (Kingdom Trailers)
But he doesn't seem to realize it is 80 miles ONE WAY, with two trips across a $25 toll bridge, plus MY TIME.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -