Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Lov2race
SHOW GUEST

Default you make the call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDdARF830E
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

drtrcr22 this is your area of knowledge. Looks to me he didn't stay in line, but i'm a drag racer, what do I know?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:34 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Well, I happen to have a bit of experience as a Flagman. The Flagman has the final word for on-track rulings. Sometimes the Flagman is wrong, because he cannot watch the entire track at all times, that is why there is usually a trained assistant in the flag tower watching half the field for him, who will advise what he saw.

Here's how the average normal track rules go... something if you watch this again will help you decide better.

1. The inside pole car ALWAYS starts the race. When he hammers down after passing the starting line, everyone else can cut loose.

2. These is a lime chalked starting line or red cone (sometimes just an imaginary line that every driver should know approximately where it would be) at the exit of turn four exit and the start of the front straightaway, (except WoO which starts on the backstretch cone).

3. Nobody gets to pass the pole car leader until after he passes that starting line, even if the green flag and lights come on early.

4. It is up to the Flagman to determine if any other car jumps the gun and passes the leader before the start line.

5. Once the greens come out, and the pole car passes the start line, the race is on and all is fair in love and war.

6. If anyone in the backfield jumps and passes other cars before the pole car begins the race, they could be reprimanded. Usually the Flagman will stop the race, reline them up, and point the blackflag at the offender warning him (and the others) if he does it again he will be put at the back of the pack, or sent to the pits. This usually calms everyone down and it usually does not happen again. The Flagman realises everyone is full of ardenaline and quickfoot syndrome, so he usually gives them one freebie warning.

7. I have never seen a race complete, then penalize a driver for infractions... that is just not right. Penalize and correct as soon as the infraction is made (for a driving violation), not 10 minutes later after the race is over...!

8. So, just my opinion, after watching this several times on full screen, I do not believe Jesse did anything wrong in that race because it appears the green is out, and the pole car has passed the Start Line, so the race is on...! To me, from my viewpoint, this looked like a good clean race straight up... but again, I was not in the flag tower so I cannot say thru the eyes of a video camera...
Old 01-24-2010, 09:02 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i concure to a point with dirt most tracks around here have a score keeper that make the call. (ia,sd,ne) and ive seen the "unbiased" official move cars around with no real reason but it was her favorite driver. example. Amod race a car was in first coming out of 4 then still first at flag stand still first turn one caution came out bam her buddy and second place car now first. next example poor tech officials 2 man cruisers new car came past tech and visual inspection smokes everyone in heats during main head tech official pulls plug wire still smokes everyone post race tech nada 10 min after stripped of trophy because now has illegal springs. my point officials. can and do play dirty for budies and or right amount of cash
Old 01-24-2010, 12:45 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I'm using a "back up"computer while mine is out for repairs. It's slow and I could get the vid to play correctly. It kept stopping. So I had to go by what I thought I could see.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:15 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

no issue slow if leader past cone(way its done locally) it balls out. being out side the line up kinda like deep staging and jumping onit at same time is like treeing the guy in the next lane
Old 01-24-2010, 04:07 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Idunno roundy round makes me dizzy :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-24-2010, 04:25 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

nah mark thats all that nito at the track caught up with ya lol
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Lov2race
SHOW GUEST