1979 MONZA 383 DOYLESTOWN,OH ad #1737431

Old 01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
GEN3C
SHOW GUEST

Default 1979 MONZA 383 DOYLESTOWN,OH ad #1737431

I got scammed by a seller in Doylestown, OH; selling a 1979 Monza that he totally misrepresents. I placed a deposit of $500 on his car based on his add on Racingjunk and several conversations we had. He provided pictures of his car which are very convincing and he has an answer for any question you may have. I thought I was smart but he is a real con artist and very good at what he does; flip cars. I caught him in several falsehoods. He says the car is certified to 9.0 seconds; it is not and can't even pass inspection for such. He claims it has a Moser rear end in the car; it is not. He claims that he had the chassis built 3 years ago by a professional chassis shop with all new Competition Engineering parts; he did not. It's obviously a very old roller he bought and installed an engine and trans. in it. He claims a trick Powerglide and convertor is in the car; he can't provide any receipts to substantiate his claim.He can't document anything that he claims to have done to the car. I could go on and on. Watch out for this dude because he is slick and ripped me off for $500.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

thanks for providing all the needed info . lets see if he shows up to defend himself...he has been invited..
Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Or if he will explain those c-clip eliminators on that 9" rearend. LOL

Curtis
Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 AM
BrianHorsky
SHOW GUEST

Of course im going to defend myself. First and foremost I did list the car as a certified 9 second car and during my first conversation with Warren he did point that out and I immediantly changed the ad to say that it is certifiable. If the car was certified to run 9s and was turn key lets be honest it would be way more than 8000. As far as me flipping the car I have owned it for three years when I had it built which I told warren I could proive with the title. The rear end is a strange center section when at first I told him that it was a moser. When he asked me about it I looked at the bill and it is indeed a strange with moser axles. With so many parts it is easy to mix up names that was my fault but is it really that big of a deal? I took pictures of about twenty bills that were clear to read and you could see what it was and the price. I sent thousands of dollars worth of bills to him and he told me that was not good enough he wanted them scanned and sent mind you this is after the non refundable deposit was sent and I have many emails and a signed document that he sent me saying it was a non refundable deposit unless I sold the car to someone else. Im not a scammer and Im not trying to rip anybody off I could have sold the car to other people but I told everybody that called it was sold. The deal was he had two weeks from the date I recieved his money to get the car. The weather was bad so we could not get together within that two weeks which was no problem I told him when we got nice weather we would hook up it was no big deal. He does not have an enclosed trailer and I could not see the car being drug through Pa in the salt so I offered for 500 I would deliver it to his door in an enclosed trailer. From my house to his is over 400 miles if I was a scammer or trying to rip someone off would I really drive that far? The only reason Im selling the car in the first place is to buy something more street strip oriented which I found what I wanted and decided to put the car up for sale. After warren looked at the 70 pictures I sent of the car and had a long in depth conversation with me he sent me the non refundable deposit to hold the car. So I then sent a 500 non refundable deposit to the guy I was going to buy the other car off of. Four weeks went by when warren decided I was trying to scam him and backed out of the deal. I would have gladly given him his money back if he would have been a little more proffesional about the deal. The email that I got from him which I saved all of them said that he knew where I lived and was going to get even with me If i did not send his money back. Is that really the way to do business? Legally I dont have to give him his money back but like I said if he would have went about it in a diiferent way I would have. Of course non refundable means no refund so the other guy would not refund my money either. If he was skeptical about the car in any way he should not have sent me any money. I have a stack of bills that if anyone wants to come look at the car they can look through every one of them.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Sounds right to me

If you cant get a clear picture of the car with 70 photos you should have driven the 400 miles & looked at it..I have never sold a car that hasnt been nit picked to death no matter what the price..Everyone sees something different..Doesnt really sound like a ripoff to me,I have been ripped off & they never offered to deliver for me..JMO
Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I refuse to take sides in this one , but to me it seems more of a disagreement on the car than a scam...the add is a little misleading , but seller says he straighten that out with buyer...nonrefundable is self explanatory..neither party seem to be scammers or bad people , mayby you need to talk a little and try to work something out , no sense in anybody getting a bad name on here.....I just don't think it was an intended SCAM this is just my opinion and thats all it is.....thanks for responding, Brian , and welcome both of you to the forum
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
BrianHorsky
SHOW GUEST

I would have had no problem giving the mans money back if he would have went about asking for it back differently. Even though I would be out my deposit if he would have been civil and told me he changed his mind and asked for his money back in a decent way it would have been no problem. I dont like at all the way this deal ended but the way he took care of it is very childish. My Father, Uncle, and I are fairly well know drag racers in the north eastern ohio area and the fact that Im being called a scammer by him is very offending. I did mis represent the certification a little bit but did clear it up with Warren in an email and on the phone before the deposit was ever mailed to me. Warren had some concerns on the cage and a few other things so I took an additional 20-25 photos on top of the 70 on photobucket to clear up his concerns. Photos can be very deceptive sometimes which I totally understand but what i tried to explain to Warren was if i was trying to pawn off something I was unsure of I would not drive my own vehicle and trailer over 800 miles to take someone a car. Im not asking anyone to take sides just want everyone to see both sides of the story.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

The Horsky family is very well known and respected racers in this area. I would assure anyone that this is not a scam or someone pawning off a car. It sounds like a buyer that backed out and is upset he lost his deposit.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

hers my opinion if 70 pics sent, copies of bills, signed doc of nonrefundable, and offer was made to deliver door to door. and when asked things where corrected ( we have all thought faster then typed and misquoted our own thoughts) and both people sound honest and sincere i think buyer MAY HAVE thought it over and decided it was wrong deal for him. my thought are this seller says would have refunded all if the way he was asked was better. maybe if the seller agrees ( since by law he doesnt have to) split the diff and call it good
Old 01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

Default scammer

I totally agree that it was more missunderstanding than scam.Thanks to Brian for coming on and giving his side and presenting the info.Its so hard to describe cars onine and through pics I know about this myself.IM still a drive there and buy it if I like it kind of person I dont know if I can ever feel comfortable buying sight unseen...thanks again for both parties explaining the situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -