Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clarification

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

clarification

guy im not trailer trash im red neck white trash and proud of it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
    guy im not trailer trash im red neck white trash and proud of it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I doubt you qualify on the red neck part

The origins of the term redneck actually go back to the 1930's in a number of disputes in West Virginia. A large group of unionized miners marched south to Logan County, to pressure the mine owners there to allow their miners to become unionized. To identify themselves, the miners all wore red bandannas around their necks. The publicity associated with the battles and the subsequent court cases created the term red-necks, and at that time they were viewed as the good guys in the conflict.

And to think I thought 'rednecks' were just short haired ball cap wearing country music listening dip spitting tobaco chewing deer hunting bass fishing southerners with sunburns on their necks :shock:
    Well I'll be Dammed!
    Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

well i know have the short hair some times listen to country (more southern/classic rock) like dear hunting bass fishing. and do have 2 conderate flags in my windows
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Don't know about you guys but Here is how the Rednecks look down South....farther South than TN. Charles... :lol:

lol bjuice
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood

hey nvmyvettes, your one of the few who seems to know how the term redneck came to be. BUT gay use to mean happy. i cant even talk to some of these young guns who come by the shop nowdays, all the slang they throw out there and i have no idea what the hell their talkin about!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw256
    hey nvmyvettes, your one of the few who seems to know how the term redneck came to be. BUT gay use to mean happy. i cant even talk to some of these young guns who come by the shop nowdays, all the slang they throw out there and i have no idea what the hell their talkin about!
    LOLOL I've got grandkids that speak a totally different language than I.....Talk about a language barrier !!
    And they speak so fast that my tired old brain can't cipher anything in real time.......
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Outlaw and DD . In know exactly what your saying. I have a 21,a 20 and a 13 y.o. that are into that.Hell my 5 y.o. is starting it now. The new thing with them is texting. Man if you want to see some wierd words, spellings, and abrevations, try to follow one of those.They tried to get me into it but I refused.Told them if they wanted to talk to me call or email me, because I wasnt typing on a phone. You know 2=Abc, 3=def..... LOL

Being from WV and living about an hour from Matewan is the only reason I know the redneck story. Its also Hatfields and Mccoy area to.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    Don't know about you guys but Here is how the Rednecks look down South....farther South than TN. Charles... :lol:

Hey bjuice, that isn't anybody we know is it? :wink: :lol: :lol:
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549