Remembering a dear friend

Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Remembering a dear friend

You guys don't know him ( no-one famous) but he was my best friend from 5th grade..we shared a common bond (love of cars) from building Model car's in elementary school to our 1st cars at 15 years old....we both had 70 and 71 camaros and loved to work on them...Tim was in auto mechanics Vocational classes in High school..so he came back in the afternoons and we compared notes and tried out what he learned that day...

December 24th 1999 @ approrximatley 12:30am he was gunned down in his own home by a crazed lunatic that broke into his house, his wife was also gunned down while their 5 yr old son lay asleep in his bedroom.
the guy who did this had a stand off with police and took his own life (coward).....so no-one was left to tell the story 1st hand..it was all reconstructed...the 5 yr old boy could only say he heard christmas lights popping and Blowing up....so there has been no Closure for us...and there never will be..

I find myself every December 24th at 12:30 am staring at the clock and reminding my wife what time it is....

this past year (2009) was the 10th year My best friend has been gone..i will never forget that call at 3:00am that morning....this post is just my way of remembering him..(he loved cars and racing)..you guys know i do not normally share to much personal stuff on here...but i find this appropriate in allowing Tim's memory to live on.

below is a night ranger song i can remember blaring loudly in his Carport back in 1983 as we dwelled in points and set our Hydraulic lifters ( oil going everywhere).... lol......

by the way the little boy is Now 15 yrs old living with his grandmother..straight "A" student and intersted in becoming a dentist...i haven't seen him in 10 yrs but i was text a picture of him the other day and cold chills ran up my spine as i opened that Text picture...I was staring Tim in the eyes the way he looked at 15 when we were dwelling in points....

Sister Christian motoring.........motor on My good friend...i will never forget you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpcr1i1UEcw

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

sorry to hear and can say it brings tears to my eyes long live your good friend (edited for spelling)
Old 01-15-2010, 07:51 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear this Brian, Makes you wonder what the world is coming to :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-15-2010, 08:56 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

so sorry to hear this, brings a tear to my eyes reading about it. so senseless.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:45 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear. Feel your pain. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

wow, the pain of the loss will still linger but I am glad your fond memories of your friend will always be there. I think you owe it to youself and to his son to reach out to him, find some old photos and to share those memories you have with him, it will surely help the healing process and give his son a look into his fathers past he probably never knew.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-16-2010, 05:21 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

sorry to hear that man, the feeling i get from your post is, he maybe gone but the friendship lives on, and thats pretty cool.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

Sorry to hear this and for your loss of a friend. I got choked up reading your story. I agree with Harbone, try to connect with the son, share the memories. It will make you feel better.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:55 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

What a terrible thing to happen! The pain and anguish never goes away, it does ease up a bit with time though. I know that time feeling very well Brian, mine is 9:07 pm Oct. 21.

Like Chris said, see if you can "help" that kid with your memories and pictures.

Thanks for sharing that with us my friend, hopefully it helped you too.

Later,
Rudy
Old 01-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

B:

Your buddy chose his friends well.

I am just sorry.

Best,

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -