Bob Tasca Sr........

Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Bob Tasca Sr........

Now I dont know how many of you know him so I thought I would post this here. I personally didnt know who he was but I am sure he was an awesome man to be friends with. My prayers are with his family.

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Breaki...ssed-Away.html
Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

A legend in drag racing and the sponsor of many drag racers still to this day, thoughts and prayers to the Tasca family...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

We are losing class people every day. My prayers to his family.
Dave

P.S. How would you like to be a scammer and be able to read your comments after you die?? Never mind, you will be too busy looking for a cooler spot. (it's not going to be there)
Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

got a friend that has lived here in S.C. since 1985...Cliff Obrien from (Wor) MA...Cliff was the Wrench on Tasca Sr stuff back in the 1960's....Cliff is Now in his 70's...

RIP Mr. Tasca...never met you but heard many stories about you.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

r.i.p. and godspeed to the family :?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

The guy that ruined me for life!
I was a sickly kid living in RI, after many operations & such, my dad reluctantly took me to an auto show at a local horse racing track.
Tasca had a trailer load of mustangs & was unloading, My father said that he dated my aunt in HS & took me over to talk to him.
One of the drivers was unloading the super boss & gave me my first burnout ride in that parking lot!
That was it, my life was changed forever, much to the dismay of my non car family. They had created a car loving monster.

Mr Tasca would sponsor the model car contests at our JR high school & bring the trophys(I still have em) & play ford racing films like the Ford GT's & other Ford PR films. What a class act, my school was inner city & nowhere near his dealership.

Funny how such a small moment in time can alter a persons life. regardless of where I am or what car event I am at, I always let the young ones sit in the car & get a picture. Maybe it will change thier life like Tasca changed mine.

Even though I have raced every make BUT a ford over the last 30 years, I will always have a soft spot for the blue oval because of him.

Ride on
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

What a GREAT STORY !!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I remember Bob Tasca Sr. from back in the 70's and 80's with his funny car. What a lot of people don't know is that he is the person solely responsible for getting John Force setup with FMC and his sponsership. I hate John Force :P , naw i'm just jealous. I used to race against his crew chief back in the 80's, when he used to run with the Chgo land dodge boys car for mister Norm, i don't like him either, naw naw i'm just jealous.
Bottom line Bob Tasca Sr. will be missed and will alway be remembered atleast in my book, an old mans book.

RIP

Zip.