Thread: Pro Comp ignition

Pro Comp ignition

Has anybody run this Pro Comp Ignition system.They claim to be as good as MSD.Before I buy the complete setup I would like to know if anyone has run them..

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Oh boy,hang on!!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Im sure someone will say they heard from the friend of a fouth cosin that once had a friend that heard from sombody that there bad. :roll: :roll: :roll: BUT HAS NEVER ACTUALLY USED ONE THEMSELVES :shock: :shock:

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I have sold at least 100 of them and i have had 6 that had problems 2 with the distributors 3 boxes and 1 coil and i know for sure 1 was the customers fault because when he sent the kit back to me and i looked at it the wire's going into the box was melted the others i don't know i just replaced them for the customers.

I don't think there bad for the money .

Now there is another kit called a mega fire kit that is a killer kit put's out about 20% more spark than the MSD 6 al box . well that is what they say anyway i have sold so far 62 unit's and not one back and all of the local guy's that have them are very happy with them cost a little more but not a lot.

Hope this helps some.

Senior Member DYNO TECH
    thanks but ill stay far away from anything that says procomp.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    went threw 2 pro comp water pumps and 2 pro comp boxes.......finally went with msd.....but the heads work fine........but now our car want turn past 6000rpm....it seem like a rev limiter come on....sometimes it want start and somtimes it runs fine but if you put a timing light it is jumping around ....went with a msd 6al box and called msd they said the boxes dont have shorts in them..... it is the distributor

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    I have dealt with 2 Pro Comp distributors belonging to acquaintences, both would not fire, new ou of the box. Funny though, the ones they sent back to then did...
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg
    thanks but ill stay far away from anything that says procomp.
    Do you race that camaro?or is it a trailer queen?

procomp distributor

The early procomp stuff was very inconsistant, it has gotten better though. I've had MSD problems many times and won't use one again

10. Racing Junk