Thread: Check your equipment

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Check your equipment

Now's a good time to check your equipment to make sure it's all up to date. Make sure your SFI's are current for your sanctioning body. It would suck to find out at the first race when you fail tech.

I need to take the belts out of mine and get them rewebbed. I need to give the car a general check of all the nuts and bolts.

I might reletter the car. I haven't decided for sure on that one.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    For those who need re-webbing, M&R does that service. I have mine done every 3 years whether I've used them or not.

http://www.mrproducts.com/
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    One thing that probably everyone over looks, as I have never checked before but do now. On my old dragster I had just made my second pass of the day. I parked in the pits, a couple minutes later my wife said hey your car is very lightly smoking around the right side rear brake, I figured, YA its probably hot. So i looked to please her mostly as she does not like me driving that fast anyway,. And one of the bolts holding the brake disc to the hub had backed out. It had sawed through the aluminum caliper mounting bracket, no joke only 1/32 of an inch was all that was left hohling the caliper on the rear end housing. Had She not seen that my next pass would have been a total catostrofic failure in my 8.90 super comp car. It would have ripped that caliper off and at about 157 mph, AAAAHHHHHHH NO FU_ _ _ _G Brakes !

So everyone please check your brake mounting gear also.
    Live every day like it were your last, because someday it will be.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
    For those who need re-webbing, M&R does that service. I have mine done every 3 years whether I've used them or not.

http://www.mrproducts.com/
    What do they typically charge to reweb a belt?
    Live every day like it were your last, because someday it will be.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneye777

What do they typically charge to reweb a belt?
    It depends on make and latch type. Drop them an email for pricing.
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneye777
    One thing that probably everyone over looks, as I have never checked before but do now. On my old dragster I had just made my second pass of the day. I parked in the pits, a couple minutes later my wife said hey your car is very lightly smoking around the right side rear brake, I figured, YA its probably hot. So i looked to please her mostly as she does not like me driving that fast anyway,. And one of the bolts holding the brake disc to the hub had backed out. It had sawed through the aluminum caliper mounting bracket, no joke only 1/32 of an inch was all that was left hohling the caliper on the rear end housing. Had She not seen that my next pass would have been a total catostrofic failure in my 8.90 super comp car. It would have ripped that caliper off and at about 157 mph, AAAAHHHHHHH NO FU_ _ _ _G Brakes !

So everyone please check your brake mounting gear also.
    I had that happen on a custom chopper, I thought i had a brake caliper sticking and rode it 10 miles home. When i pulled in the garage on the smooth concrete the rear wheel locked up. The bolt stuck in the alum caliper bracket. that was a close one!
    My worst fear, when I die my wife will sell my race cars and parts for what I told her I paid for them!