U.S. Postal service

Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Default U.S. Postal service

I have never had an item lost before. I sold an intake on Ebay. It shipped on the 14th december. The tracking # shows it shipped, but no other entries after that. Ive been to my post office 5 times, Ive called customer service just a few minutes ago. Everyone is just very disconected and does not seem to care. Ive got the guy who bought it crawling up my azz, cant blame the guy. But its not my fault, but I am doing all the leg work to help him out because thats just how I am. He is wanting to file a paypal claim and get his money back from me but I think the post office is at fault, what do you all think ? So if you get this guys package please send it on.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I feel for you .
I sent a set of heads to Australia over a month ago the customer called me yesterday and said he hasn't got them yet i alos called the post office then took my order down to the office and let them look at it and the clerks name on the order they said they would see if they could find them.
Well as of this morning they have not found a thing and cant even track it there self i don't know what is going to happen now looks like i will loose a set of heads and shaft rockers.

This is the second time i have had problems with the USPS .
Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Losing a set of heads would be a serious deal, sorry to hear that. I am leary now, I know ive sent thousands of things through to mail without incodent. Ive now got a box to send my sister in Texas, with family airlooms, irreplaceable stuff. I am now scared to send it with fear that my deceased mothers stuff will not make it. I guess the U.S. Government is failing us everywhere these days.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Send it Registered Mail with tracking, insurance, and return receipt.

It is basically hand carried point to point, where a clerk has to check it and sign off at every stop or echange along the way until finaly destination, where the receiver signs for it in person verifying it arrived in good condition. It costs extra money, but you are protected...
Old 01-05-2010, 08:47 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

A good friend of mine mailed a ruger revolver (pistol) to Ruger for a recall. He mailed it with all the tracking numbers , insurance , the whole nine yards , they never saw it again , took him over 2 years for the insurance to pay a partial sum...I will never ever mail anything...ups isn't much better but I havn't lost anything yet . had a few things squashed but it did make it ...sorry for all the trouble you are having , hope they locate it.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Your not talking to the right people yet, I have had 1 issue with USPS and got the money back right away. Now UPS has been a thorn in my side several times.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I have never had a problem with delivery in the US both time's now it has been out of the USA .

You would think the post office could locate it but so far no luck and i have left a message for the manger at this location and trying to get info on who i need to go to if this guy don't do something.

It seems these postal workers just dont want to be bothered with your problem although they caused it in the first place.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

I'm with hammer... In the last 10 years I have mailed and received at least 100 packages both USPS and UPS. I have never had a problem with USPS, but have had eight packages lost or stolen from UPS in the past ten years...! I now only ship USPS exclusivley, and just cringe when somebody sends me somehing UPS...! Besides, USPS is MUCH cheaper than UPS now days. Jim
Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default US Postal Service

Every Post Office has a POST MASTER, who is responsible for everything coming into and leaving his POST OFFICE. He also is responsible for talking to any other POST MASTER at any other POST OFFICE, to resolve issues.
I made sure I meet with our POST MASTER whenever there is a new one and become familiar to him. I ask him questions about how he would handle lost money orders and shipments.
I have had to go to the POST MASTER locally 2 different times over lost USPS money orders. I got my money back 1 time but had to wait 60 days before they would issue a refund. The other time it was money coming to me and the tracking numbers showed it leaving Florida but it never showed it arriving anywhere after that. But at least my POST MASTER investigated and did talk to the POST MASTER on the other end and he did contact me back.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

The tracking number you have won't work until the item is scanned as delivered, if it shows nothing in the system, then it hasn't been delivered. If it is not insured, then the buyer can file the Paypal dispute and you will be out the money and the part. USPS won't pay if it is not insured. If it is insured, my local postmaster will not file a claim until 30 days from ship date. This has happened twice. Not sure if they all do it that way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -