new dragster question's ?????

Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Default new dragster question's ?????

we just bought a 01 Mullis dragster.my question is ,,on the steering wheel it has three buttons,,the one on the right is trans brake,the one on the left is burn out,,but the one on the top of the steering wheel is ?? i here its a bump up or down button ..WHATS THAT,,, VERY NEW TO THIS COMPUTER SUPER PRO STUF >>>if its a bump up or down so you can cross talk,how does it know to go up or down ??
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

It depends on how it is set up in your delay box. It is either an up or down not both.
You would need a manual for your box and then go through the progaming to see how it is set up. My brother used his the first time only to find out the time in the bump down was 0. Meaning no matter how many times he hit the button, the delay didn't change. He had to figure out how to program his.
Depending on the brand of box the manual is probably available online.

My brother's car also has a SLE, Starting Line Enhancer. Basically a air cylinder on the throttle. So he has a button for that also.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:31 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

or, it could be to engage reverse without starting the delay box timers. The timers start with the release of the trans brake button. If you have a pro brake, you'll need to push the tb button to back up. The 3rd button could be wired into a diode to bypass the box........

By the way, most starting enhancers come on with the application of the trans brake and don't have a special button.
Johnny
Old 01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
or, it could be to engage reverse without starting the delay box timers. The timers start with the release of the trans brake button. If you have a pro brake, you'll need to push the tb button to back up. The 3rd button could be wired into a diode to bypass the box........

By the way, most starting enhancers come on with the application of the trans brake and don't have a special button.
Johnny
Not always true. We use a separate button for all of our starting line enhancers.

Curtis
Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

With a biondo box the SLE is either activated (pedal to the floor) when the TB is pushed wehn you are staged with timers starting at release of the TB button or it could be set using a 2nd push button (can be the bump up/down button) when prestaged that way you are staging with your foot already to the floor at your preset SLE idle rpm and the timers will start with the release of the tb button.

You really need to talk to the seller to see how it is currently working. If you have the Biondo box, you can go to their website and download the instructions.

Since the SLE and delay box racing are new to you, I highly recommend that you get the car ready to race. Make sure there is no fuel in the tank or removed the fuel line to the carb so you do not flood the car and sit in the car, get use to pushing the button and feeling how the SLE is going to work.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:02 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by shawnp
With a biondo box the SLE is either activated (pedal to the floor) when the TB is pushed wehn you are staged with timers starting at release of the TB button or it could be set using a 2nd push button (can be the bump up/down button) when prestaged that way you are staging with your foot already to the floor at your preset SLE idle rpm and the timers will start with the release of the tb button.

You really need to talk to the seller to see how it is currently working. If you have the Biondo box, you can go to their website and download the instructions.

Since the SLE and delay box racing are new to you, I highly recommend that you get the car ready to race. Make sure there is no fuel in the tank or removed the fuel line to the carb so you do not flood the car and sit in the car, get use to pushing the button and feeling how the SLE is going to work.
Now that you mention it, my Dedenbear box does the same thing with the bump button. I've never used it to stage with the throttle on the floor and completely forgot... ops:
So why would you have a completely seperate button for the SLE? No box or box without SLE control? Just curious....
Johnny
Old 01-03-2010, 05:05 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Follow the wires, most likely a bump down button. Which delay box is it ?

You hit the bump down button on mine to activate the SLE so it stages at the same rpm everytime, I do not use it though.

Sounds like your going to have a learning curve, make sure the delay box has a lockout on it so you can not hit the transbrake button going down track... the K&R you can turn it off.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

We have a seperate button to back up and our SLE and bump down are on the same button. You should try your SLE it hgelped my daughter by having the pedal on the floor, one less thing to do on the starting line. It also makes the car go on the two step at the same time. We have ours to go on it 1 second before trans brake relase.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THE SCARY PART TO ME ops: ops: ops:

HOW CAN YOU BUY A ''RACECAR'' AND NOT ASK ??????????????? ABOUT THE OPERATION OF THIS DRAGSTER :? :? not being mean just can not understand this at all

these things are nothing to guess at at all--ask the seller alot more ???
better safe then sorry :? :?

we have had 2 posts lately that are on dragsters and one in particular[for his son] scares me !!
come on guys--THINK ALOT MORE BEFORE COMMITING TO A NEW CAR

NOT BEING MEAN OR A KNOW IT ALL 8) 8)

:roll: :roll: :roll:
SORRY -JUST HAD TO VENT ON THIS SUBJECT
LIVELY
Old 01-03-2010, 03:28 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

ooooooh i hear ya ( lively ) it was that the seller didnt know either..he just bought the dragster for the motor.he didnt care how all the buttons worked..just that it had a 632 he wanted..or to sale the motor and then sale the dragster roller..and the old owner is unavailable.sooooo i have to figure it all out..some times its easyer to ask,so it can lead me in the right direction..because man is it a pain in the asss to get under that dash in this thing...and yep its for my son..just got back from Memphis buying a motor for it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -