Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glide

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

glide

need to buy a glide this winter, with a brake, was thinking ati, but also saw that bte has a good price on a glide, do any of you have ideas on who to go with ? will be in the 580-600hp all motor range, no spray pro et bracket

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    The one I have is from BTE, it's been a pretty good one so far...
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

Re: glide

Quote Originally Posted by spib
    need to buy a glide this winter, with a brake, was thinking ati, but also saw that bte has a good price on a glide, do any of you have ideas on who to go with ? will be in the 580-600hp all motor range, no spray pro et bracket
    Fleenor Racing Glides

Garry Fleenor, 1-419-280-1406 tell him David Lanning sent ya .. his prices and work are top notch
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Spib, we always have glides in stock. There is one that is ready to go that would fit your application. Give Dion a call at Vickers Transmissions 330-584-3679 and you tell him Shawn told you to call. I do have an ad on the Tranny section if you want to look. Plenty of track championships, divisional and national winners and this years Summit Super Series Runner Up for Division 3 all using them.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    stay away from BTE to many chinese parts. put in a new 180 straight cut gear set for a guy. It locked up 2 pass turned out the gears weren't harded BTE replaced the gear set said sorry but it ruin the case and everthing iin it except the valve body an pump not to mention my charge's to put it together twice

Depends how much you want to spend.
    You dont need much of a glide for 600hp.
    How much weight do you have?

3140 with fat boy in it

A 1.76 glide with a chromoly input shaft, hardend high gear hub and 6 clutches in high would hold that 385 in your s10 blazer.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

powerglide

Spib you have a pm. Thanks, Mike

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

powerglide

I have this exact trans for sale that I had freshened by TSI. I would like to offer it to you guys first before I post it for sale to the general public. It had very few runs on it but I had it gone thru just to make shure it was ok. I paid $1200 for it new and I would like to get $750 plus shipping. It was in my camaro that had 770 hp. I have since changed my combo and increased the horsepower by 150 and went to a dedenbear glide by TSI. I know this is not the for sale section but wanted to offer it to you guys first. I hope you had a great holiday season. Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kwkracing
    A 1.76 glide with a chromoly input shaft, hardend high gear hub and 6 clutches in high would hold that 385 in your s10 blazer.

11. Racing Junk