Thread: Ron's Porting in Mo.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

Ron's Porting in Mo.

Has anyone used Ron's porting for their sbc iron eagle sbc heads?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    ET, Check in the Scammer and Feedback section. I think you may get better feed back there. The other place I would tell you to post is at Dragraceresults.com on the Bracket Talk General Forum. There are a lot of members from that area.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Rons Porting in MO

I have dealt with Rons in the St. Louis area. Well known for his small block hand port work for over 30 years. I had him do porting and it was excellent quality. You get what you pay for from him. He has CNC equipment that is up to date and knows what works.
    Sorry, I don't know about the specific head you are working with, but Rons is a good place to start.
    He is in ST. Charles, MO.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I believe there are quite a few jr. fuel guys around here running that head from Ron's. Every comment I have heard around here about them has been positive although I myself have not dealt with them.

Curtis

he did a set of sb heads for me 6yrs ago works was happy with the work .. he was all about the flow # though ..
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    he did a set of sb heads for me 6yrs ago works was happy with the work .. he was all about the flow # though ..
    That seems to be the norm nowadays.Everybody always talks about the "#s"...The actual track performance is the true proof!

Quote Originally Posted by et7333
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    That seems to be the norm nowadays.Everybody always talks about the "#s"...The actual track performance is the true proof!
    If I had to choose now on something I would use this guy

http://www.speierracingheads.com/
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Rons is good. They have been around A LONG time. I need to start doing the shameless self promotion on the internet, seems to work pretty good, lol. Post pics of all the stuff I am doing, post dyno results, etc. Right now, lets see, I have 2 SB2.2 projects, 2 big chief BBC projects, 1 496 med effort 496bbc project, a 461 bbc project, 4 or 5 intakes, a couple Ls1 projects, a 340 mopar project, a 398 supercharged mopar, a couple big block mopars, of various levels, another 496, a couple sets of Harley heads, and some other stuff I am missing, plus, its not even close to spring time yet. I better get to work instead of posting on the internet, lol

Frank