Talking about insults!!

Old 12-20-2009, 04:20 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Talking about insults!!

I know the old saying "You will never know if you don't ask".
I normally wouldn't post a trade offer I recieve, I am this one though so folks can get a "feel" for this RJ goofball named Edwardmooney (user name). This is not a scammer (yet, imo) or feedback from a deal, just a heads up on ol Edwardmooney.
Now sharks, if I was wrong for posting this feel free to tell me!

He offered me this fine azzzzzzzzzzzz roller for my '69 Camaro, roller for roller. He couldn't even commit to the deal, only said he might be willing to do it. Damn, if I can find the travel money I might do this :roll: :roll: :roll:
No Ed, no rust under the vinyl, it is all in your head!

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...nd-lemans.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to go over into the forum as I have posted all your communications, as well as mine on the board. Good luck conning folks on RJ, you are on the "list".
You offer a (at best) $200 (yes hundred) car for my '69 and I am the asshole! Later, loser!

A wise moderator once said on here "Don't type what you won't say to a mans face".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On [2009-12-20 08:04:31] Edwardmooney wrote:
> you are a fucking ass hole pussy boy
>
> On [2009-12-20 07:49:30] hollowayshotrods wrote:
> > What a fucking insult, I guess I don't need to tell your dumb ass no do I?
> >
> >
> > On [2009-12-20 06:18:39] Edwardmooney wrote:
> > > i mite be willing to trade for ad 1742749 roller for roller is there any rust under the vinyl top???
> >
>
Old 12-20-2009, 04:45 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I guess before I ripped into the guy with the insulting names I would have asked him if he had the right ad number and made sure he was not offering the nova instead. Then if he confirmed it, I would have just sent him on the way.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:58 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
I guess before I ripped into the guy with the insulting names I would have asked him if he had the right ad number and made sure he was not offering the nova instead. Then if he confirmed it, I would have just sent him on the way.
Shawn, that is not a guess. In retrospect I should have done just that. I am just soooooooooooooo tired of the bs folks have been offering it finally caught up to my attitude. I am very specific about what I wll accept as trade. I will in the future double check to see if the ad someone is offering is indeed correct. This is the offer I received just minutes before Edwardmooneys:

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...nvertible.html

Edward, if you are reading this:
I am man enough to offer you an apology, as I do believe Shawn is correct, I do believe you meant to offer the Nova. Sorry, but I still have to pass.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:03 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

My latest email to Edwardmooney:

From: hollowayshotrods To: Edwardmooney Date: 2009-12-20 09:02:18
Subject: Re: '69 Camaro ZZ4 TH350. Basic factory a/c car.
Re: Ad #1745616 - '69 Camaro ZZ4 TH350. Basic factory a/c car.

Edward,
My sincerest apologies to you for busting on you this morning, I do believe you sent the wrong ad # as trade. I have been offered soooooooooooooo much stuff not worth NEARLY what my car is worth it just caught up to me. I do have to pass on the Nova though, I have'68 already.
Rudy
Old 12-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods

Edward,
My sincerest apologies to you for busting on you this morning, I do believe you sent the wrong ad # as trade. I have been offered soooooooooooooo much stuff not worth NEARLY what my car is worth it just caught up to me. I do have to pass on the Nova though, I have'68 already.
Rudy
it happens Rudy. its funny though, that guy with the $22K suzuki offered it to me for trade on my camaro! what a joke...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the encouragement Chris, I still feel like a d*** though.
Yea, the suzuki is what got my mind a bit off course...........then I opened Edwardmooneys offer and responded w/o any forethought. I am currently wearing my dunce cap and standing in the corner ops:

Originally Posted by harbone66
Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods

Edward,
Rudy
it happens Rudy. its funny though, that guy with the $22K suzuki offered it to me for trade on my camaro! what a joke...
Old 12-20-2009, 09:07 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy don't worry I keep a dunce cap with me at all times ops: .
I can be pain in the butt sometimes and people think I can't make up my mind. Not true. I always have to know the whole story, both sides of the story, and a witness to what happened.
Tell 4 guys the same story and have them tell it to 4 guys. It's amazing how everyone's perception is different from the same story.
95% of the time, it is just a mistake and it can be fixed by talking about the issue.
You may have jumped to conclusions, but you did the right thing before it went any further.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

tradingfool1954 (#432552)
have offered this guy my car for couple of his and that are fair priced and under what i got in to my motor on the chevy short box and now his dodge truck both times he wanted more on the dodge wanted $1000 to boot imo hes a jerk if he dont want say so im a big boy i can take it no need to insult a guy on the value of a vehicle. and if i offer my car on one that i think is worth more and dont have a price ill say dont take as insult but look at ad blah blah blah
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy,

With all th BS that we have seen come on this forum lately and the lack of moderation in membership, I understand your quick response to the guy.

Guys I will be real honest here. The trend in this forum lately has really been to the corporate side. When I first registered here years back, this site was a place were those in the racing and performance industry could buy and sell without problems. There was no BS pop ups and no banners to try to negotiate around. The site has gone from a very respected classified site to nothing more than an internet swap meet. You have to be able to tolerate the garbage to find the good stuff. The only thing that has been a great positive growth have been the forums.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

All i can say is im glad i have you experienced guys to ask ????? about drag racing equipment/whats good/not so good/because ide be totally lost on trades/purchases without your knowledge/experience/on the subject of racing!!!! Ive learned that the world of hot rodding and drag racing parts/stuff,can be very diff...thanx brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -