Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darts new SHP block

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

Darts new SHP block

Dart has a new SHP block coming out set up for a one piece rear seal crank. In a 4.000 and 4.125 bore block SBC 350 mains.
    WWW.CNCBLOCKSNE.COM
    IS A DIVISION OF
    HINKSON AUTOMOTIVE
    RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

CARL HINKSON 207-892-7215
    EMAIL CHINKSON@JUNO.COM

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER TheEngineer's Avatar
    Dang it! I just sold my 3.875" stroker crank for an 1-piece rear seal because I couldn't use it in anything but an LT block. I sold it too cheap also!

Warren

Junior Member APPRENTICE

dart shp block

I have one of these blocks on back order. I am a worried about the 350 journals in a stroker application. I will be doing a 434, if I ever get my block.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER TheEngineer's Avatar

Re: dart shp block

Quote Originally Posted by rdy2fly
    I have one of these blocks on back order. I am a worried about the 350 journals in a stroker application. I will be doing a 434, if I ever get my block.
    Many stroker engine builders prefer the 350 main journals.

Warren

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I wouldn't run anything bigger than a 350 jurnal on any small blk. In fact i run bear spacers on the 400 blocks and have for over 25 yrs. REASON, bearing heat, in fact NASCAR runs even smaller mains, i think Hink said they were running 2" mains VS 2.450 mains that a 350 has.

Hey Warren, didn't you know you could have bought a 2 piece adaptor for the crank you sold for less than $25.00.?

JMO

Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    I wouldn't run anything bigger than a 350 jurnal on any small blk. In fact i run bear spacers on the 400 blocks and have for over 25 yrs. REASON, bearing heat, in fact NASCAR runs even smaller mains, i think Hink said they were running 2" mains VS 2.450 mains that a 350 has.

Hey Warren, didn't you know you could have bought a 2 piece adaptor for the crank you sold for less than $25.00.?

JMO

Zip.
    I don't think you can put a one piece seal crank in two piece seal block as I don't think they make an adaptor for that one.
    WWW.CNCBLOCKSNE.COM
    IS A DIVISION OF
    HINKSON AUTOMOTIVE
    RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

EMAIL CHINKSON@JUNO.COM

OOP!!! My Bad ops: ops: ops:

Not enough sleep lately, Sorry Carl.

Zip.

If you go back and read Hink's post again, he is talking about an adapter for a one piece crank in a two piece block... I am not familair with an adapter for that setup either.

I do however have the above mentioned adapter for my two piece early crank in a one piece late model block, and it works very well
    I really expected leaks and problems installing it, but it went in easy and so far has worked really good without a flaw...
    I'm not hatin... I'm just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    Actually Carl there are several companies making them.

Zip.

Here's the china version, but you'll have to make an alienment bar to drill and tap the holes, or buy one from Speedway motors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAR-...item35a52a9336

An American version.

http://www.race-mart.com/items/produ...800-detail.htm

Both Canton and Moroso makes them also and they are for sale at Jegs,Summit and Speedway motors, and the aleinment tool cost $22.00 on top of the adapter.
    Dang it! I just sold my 3.875" stroker crank for an 1-piece rear seal because I couldn't use it in anything but an LT block. I sold it too cheap also!
    I would say the adaptor your talking about is for a one peice seal block as I know about those ones and if Warren had a one piece seal block he would be all set, I have used quite a few of those adaptors on one peice seal blocks before.

Man you had me confused for a minute LOL
    WWW.CNCBLOCKSNE.COM
    IS A DIVISION OF
    HINKSON AUTOMOTIVE
    RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

EMAIL CHINKSON@JUNO.COM

ops: ops: ops: ,

Sorry Carl/guys i was asleep at the wheel on that. I can't delete the post but i removed it.

Zip.