Thread: Radiator or not on my altered

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Radiator or not on my altered

Would like to know pros and cons of running a radiator on my altered thats going to run hilborn fuel injection on alky..

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I wouldn't have a car without one. I just put a bigger radiator in my altered this year. What kind of racing are you planning on doing? Will you have time between rounds to cool a car with no radiator?
    I assume you plan on towing the car around. I drive mine to staging, race and drive it back to the pits. My car also has an alternator. I don't have to charge between rounds.
    When we put my car together, the idea was for the car to be as self-suficient as possible. I can load, unload and race by myself.

BTW I run pump gas. I know alky runs cooler.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    I have never had a rad on any of my alcohol dragsters , but as Dennis said , do you plan on driving to and back from the track??? my cars are towed to the lanes and then back to the trailer ..on an 1/8 mile pass the engine temp gets to around 180....it really depends on how you plan to use the car,,,JMO,,,Paul
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

some factors to consider,#1 if you live in the south where the temp. gets up too a 100*, good plan, #2 you'll have run a belt drive pump, if you run a water pump on the front of the motor #3 if you plan on driving it to the lanes and back from the run, good plan and if you're running a 1/4 mile, good plan, because if you running brackets there's not enough time too cool down without a radiator.

JMO

Zip.

Zipper, you forgot one.... You dont run a radiator when your heads have cracks in them.... lol

I have Ran my alky motors with and without cooling systems.

It depends on how u are using the car as already stated. My cars get towed and have plenty of time to cool down if they did ever get any heat in them.

Quote Originally Posted by kwkracing
    Zipper, you forgot one.... You dont run a radiator when your heads have cracks in them.... lol

I have Ran my alky motors with and without cooling systems.

It depends on how u are using the car as already stated. My cars get towed and have plenty of time to cool down if they did ever get any heat in them.
    , i don't run water in my blown alcohol engine either, but then it's not run in a bracket situation

Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    #2 you'll have run a belt drive pump, if you run a water pump on the front of the motor
    I use an electric proform on mine. Bolts in the stock location.

http://www.crossbonesmotorsports.com...ater-pump.html

I know where there is a Shogun remote water pump for sale. :roll:

Meziere(spell), electric inline (remote)on mine, bolted to the frame. Ron Davis dragster radiator.Works like a champ.