Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Auction

Car Auction

I remember awhile back there was a post on here about a Opel Gt drag car that was rolled on a public road in Texas and I believe killed one person , well anyway I just found this car up for auction at crankyape.com if anyone is interested .

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

that was NOT a safely built car !!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

that was NOT a safely built car !!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I'm kind of new at this so please point out whats not safe about this car ? I'm not being a smart ass I really want to know what you see wrong . I just assumed the passenger wasn't wearing a helmet or wasn't strapped in good .

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE DirkaDirka's Avatar
    From what I got about it is that the cage aint up to what it should be. The NOS bottle should be in back not right behind the passenger seat.
    Its all fun and games till someone loses a nut!

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/400466

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
    From what I got about it is that the cage aint up to what it should be. The NOS bottle should be in back not right behind the passenger seat.

The cage looked fine,and the nitrous bottle can be anywhere in the car,as long as it is plumbed properly,so please elaborate with what you mean,in my opinion by the looks of how well the cage held up if they were wearing helmets and harness's I bet the both would have walked away.IMO

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    The nitrous bottle is to close the the occupants heads. The main hoop/cage is leaned too far rearward.

I also feel the seats are not safe race seats.

Quote Originally Posted by gungho
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirka

The cage looked fine,and the nitrous bottle can be anywhere in the car,as long as it is plumbed properly,so please elaborate with what you mean,in my opinion by the looks of how well the cage held up if they were wearing helmets and harness's I bet the both would have walked away.IMO
    gungho, You and i have been racing for a 100 yrs and we both know that cars that fast should not carry passengers. NHRA with not allow a passenger in a car faster than 13.00 flat. I have a passenger seat in every car i've raced since 1985, but never allowed to carry a passenger. I agree if the passenger had belts on and a helmet he may have survived, BUT he should have never been in the car in the first place.

JMO

Zip.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Zip I agreed I Always have people ask for a ride in my cars and I tell them no I will not take them they think if you have a fast car you drive like a jerk I for one drive slower in my fast cars on the street.

I would run from this, not only because of the questions about construction, but it may already be listed in litigation papers for the law suit that you know is coming.
    Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke