Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas or Electric Golf cart?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Gas or Electric Golf cart?

I was looking at carts today. I don't have a clue to buy gas or electric. What does everybody else use? What's the pros and cons of each?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    I have a Electric one, work's great :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

electric here,runs forever on full charge. but on used cart watch the age & brand of batterys. if it has trojan batterys a year or two old your good. batterys for my cart ran about $700 last year

GAS....... They never need them expensive batteries and them little gas motors will last an enternity due to the low rpms they turn.

Change the oil once a year and keep the air filter cleaned and your good to go.

I have a Yamaha gas burner I bought from my dad couple years ago.

It's well over 20 years old and still runs perfect, it doesnt use a drop of oil and will seemingly run forever on a tank of gas.

I cant imagine how many sets of batteries a electric cart would of gone thru in 20 plus years.

JMO>Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I had a Club Car with the gas motor. If you're at the track with the electric powered model and the batteries start running down, your options are limited for re-charging. Not so with the gas model. I don't know about the electrics towing capacity, but mine would pull our 2350# car and 4 people on the cart very easily. Like someone mentioned, change the oil often and change the belt too.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    Gas is my choice. No charging, no expensive batteries to replace. I have a 2002 Club Car little single cylinder, lifted, bigger tires, hauls 5 people no problem. One tank of gas lasts all season.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

Gas here ... Seen to many friends have issues at track with electric ones going dead or not having enough ass to pull something when needed.

Never worry about that with gas, fill it up and go instead of plug it in and wait
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Had them both. And have to agree the electric ones don't have enough power to pull the car back with people riding.

On the other hand the gas one, I had problems with, Probably a lemon. The dealer never did figure it out, dam thing burned my shop down first. Now I have a yamaha rhino does everything I need it to plus some.
    Blowninjected 540 - when is going fast, Fast enough ?????

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/182079

if I was looking to buy now I would agree & look for a used rino. my electric cart tows ok but the motor gets pretty hot & if the batterys are getting old forget it.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE DirkaDirka's Avatar
    Rhino's are good. I got a 450 for the rancch and it does pretty much everything we need it too. I do have to admit that we should have gotten the 700 instead tho. :lol: :lol:
    Its all fun and games till someone loses a nut!

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/400466