Looking for cheap Modified roller in AZ,NM, TX OR CA

Old 11-19-2009, 11:48 PM
jamminmoor
SHOW GUEST

Default Looking for cheap Modified roller in AZ,NM, TX OR CA

Looking for a cheap roller modified, currently going through the court system on modified that was stolen from us.
Trying 2 get restarted on a new car, new class only 1 season so far called x-mods.

Thanks for the help. Keep up the racing.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

If you live anywhere near Las Cruces, NM, drive west on US 70 on the west edge of town just before hitting Interstate 10. There is a pretty nice 3 link car sitting there on the road edge in front of a business, and I was told the price is real low. I live in Carlsbad, NM (southeast) and only get over there once in a while to see my grandson.

There are hundres of these cars laying around in fields and back yards since everybody went to IMCA or UMP 4-bar cars, so very few people advertise them for sale because they don't bring much money.

The Barnett series made the X-Mod class specifically for these older 3-link and leaf spring cars as an economy class to get them out of the cobwebs and back out into service. The Barnett/DirtWEST series will not recognise IMCA rules, so the only place you can run these cars anymore is southwest NM or eastern AZ.

Where I live in eastern NM we only run IMCA, so I sold my old 3-link last season and bought a 4-bar car. I sold it to a close friend turnkey ready to race for $2200.00 Since then he tried to run in an a super stock class at a local mud hole, but I think he hurt the engine or tranny or something. I talked to him last week and asked him if he wanted to sell it back to me as I had another friend looking for an X-Mod, but he won't give me an answer yet. I finally helped the other friend find a really nice Dirtworks 3-link roller with tons of extras for $1500.00
This can give you and idea of about what you might have to pay for one.
I will keep an eye and ear out for you, and shout back on any I find around southeast NM. Jim