TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Lets say this is indeed a small world and someone who screws you years ago never sending your part, wants to now purchase something from you, having zero clue as to who you are. Lets say this person has actually screwed many people out of their money or parts and after recouping said personal screwing, there would be $750+ left over. The question of the day is do I . :lol: ...............................

A) SEND REMAINING MONEY TO UNBIASED THIRD PARTY TO REFUND OTHERS SCREWED BY THIS PERSON. MANY CASES ARE VERIFIED AND REFUNDS I AM SURE WOULD BE WELCOMED?

B) DO BUSINESS AS USUAL AND SEND THE PARTS PAID FOR BY SAID THIEF EVEN THOUGH HE OWES YOU AND HAS SCREWED MANY?

C) REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PERSON BASED ON PRINCIPAL?

Might be kinda funny to turn the tables, but I am not quite sure I could do it. Thoughts?????????????????????????????????????????? ????
Old 10-20-2009, 09:31 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

That is a tough one.

I think what I would do is take their money like they did mine and not send them parts and whatever left over refund peole with it. But that is just me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 10-21-2009, 04:22 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

take him!!! when you get the money tell him thank you for the refund, now if you would like this part i have for sale please send some more.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Originally Posted by blownalky3
Lets say this is indeed a small world and someone who screws you years ago never sending your part, wants to now purchase something from you, having zero clue as to who you are. Lets say this person has actually screwed many people out of their money or parts and after recouping said personal screwing, there would be $750+ left over. The question of the day is do I . :lol: ...............................

A) SEND REMAINING MONEY TO UNBIASED THIRD PARTY TO REFUND OTHERS SCREWED BY THIS PERSON. MANY CASES ARE VERIFIED AND REFUNDS I AM SURE WOULD BE WELCOMED?

B) DO BUSINESS AS USUAL AND SEND THE PARTS PAID FOR BY SAID THIEF EVEN THOUGH HE OWES YOU AND HAS SCREWED MANY?

Might be kinda funny to turn the tables, but I am not quite sure I could do it. Thoughts?????????????????????????????????????????? ????
Blown:

You know Scammers cry exceptionally loud. Especially if you have the audacity to rectify the scam situation; how dare you.

Its almost a guarantee that this guy will whine, maybe post here, pound his chest, tell you he's an important man in the community etc. He might even contact Law Enforcement to see what its like to be on the other side.

With that said, and assuming you have verifiable documentation, what would a business do? What would the IRS do?

If you owe something to a business, have an Accounts Payable; what you send goes to your outstanding balance, and the delta goes to your new purchase.

If you treat it as a business transaction, sell him the part, apply his payment to amounts do and payable, and invoice him for the difference.

Id like to see him attack that in Court- very difficult for him to do.

But at least he will whine louder.

Scorp
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Blown,
Stick it to him man!! Like Scorp said, if you have that documentation of an outstanding balance the past due must be deducted and the rest applied to his new transaction. Just be careful to remain within the confines of the law, although I know you would love to repay some of the scammers victims. I would also notify everyone you know he scammed to let them know he has a "store" credit after completing the current transaction, maybe they can petition the courts for their share. I cannot imagine the amount of satisfaction you will get for doing this.
I can't wait for that to unfold! The scammer getting a taste of his own medicine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This right here should be proof that IT DOES come back around to you, good or bad. I don't believe in fairy tales or ghosts, but I dang sure believe in karma!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Can we all say restitution? I would give him what he has coming. Tell him thank you for bringing his account up to date and if he would still like to purchase the desired item, this is the remaining balance. Oh and turn up the volume so we can all hear him whine.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 AM
jdracecars
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by blownalky3

Blown:

You know Scammers cry exceptionally loud. Especially if you have the audacity to rectify the scam situation; how dare you.

Its almost a guarantee that this guy will whine, maybe post here, pound his chest, tell you he's an important man in the community etc. He might even contact Law Enforcement to see what its like to be on the other side.

With that said, and assuming you have verifiable documentation, what would a business do? What would the IRS do?

If you owe something to a business, have an Accounts Payable; what you send goes to your outstanding balance, and the delta goes to your new purchase.

If you treat it as a business transaction, sell him the part, apply his payment to amounts do and payable, and invoice him for the difference.

Id like to see him attack that in Court- very difficult for him to do.

But at least he will whine louder.

Scorp
Very well stated and outlined scorp. If you proceed as scorp stated most judges in any court or law enforcement agent will see right through the cry baby scammer and realize he or she's finally getting a little of her own medicine.

As for the ethics involved, your just applying their money to past due debts. Kinda like the guy that owes everyone money but you still hear or see him going out to dinner two to three times a week at a fancy restuarants. When you question his practices, he simply replies, "well a man's gotta eat doesn't he?" Well heres an idea. Go to an inexpensive restuarant and use the money your saving to atleast make an attempt to make good on your debts.

Just my thoughts!!

LINE EM UP AND LETS RACE!!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I would sale the part as i would anyone else :!: :!: If you do screw him then you are no better than he is, That put's you in the same place he is a ''SCAMMER'' :!: :!: Just a thought :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

(1) I believe you'd be taking money, on a false pretext.

(2)If you do business with him, and don't get your money on the first deal, you'd be putting the shaft to yourself.

(3) I vote for "don't do business with him"

I really don't see how you could hold the "moral high ground", and still do business, with him.JMO I would confront him about the past deal,bet your last dollar on that.

That being said, I don't disagree with anyone on this thread.
GOOD LUCK
Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Karma is a b$#ch. I would take it and apply it to what he previously owed, deduct the rest for interest on the old balance, and tell him to go fly a kite...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -