Thread: Barry Grant files for bankruptcy...

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Barry Grant files for bankruptcy...

Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    wow thats sad, and i remember when he had 2 pro stock cars
    and ran for fun, and the gov says the depression is over, tell
    barry

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    I have a spare 400 pump that needs to be rebuilt. I'm gonna send it soon. Only people that are gonna help this is us. If you need something buy it soon so we can show our support. IT WOULD SUCK IF WE LOST BG AND HOLLEY.

we have been a dealer for barry grant for 16 great years great products & graet service, we have sold over 8000 thousand carbs on ebay under user id richdesbiens check it out, great people to deal with, thx rich r & d racing inc. 952-469-3219

guys i hate to see an other american co. headed south.just think what it might be like in an other 15 yrs.racing parts are high now just wait. as it is a home builder has very little chance of going much father than the local track. if he finds sponcers good , if not i hope he has deep pockets.with every thing to do with owning and operating a racing set up going up in pricing, theres less for the other things in life . like food shelter .etc. you get where im going with this. if we dont have it to spend, there is going to be alot more companies going in to bankrupcy.

Barry has been thru some rought times. His divorce cut the business to the bone, then Holley sued him over his Gold and Silver claw line. He eventually won this but had already redesigned everything under the Demon line. It was like three business start ups in 15 years.
    I wish him the best. Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Rabbit if all your pump is doing is leaking you can fix her for $12.50...the kit is simple to install...just be sure to polish the Shaft at the end of the pump once you have the the bottom off .....i have rebuilt several of the of the BG 400 pumps with this Kit with 100% results....if you purchase just make sure you get 2 or 3 Kits..well worth it Trust me !!!....keep one at home and one in the trailer for the track

here is the link to the man who sells these gasket Kits that BG used to Hammer people on..i have purchased from this man several times, he is prompt and reliable...oh yeah this kit will also work on the magnafuel pump as well

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/10175...pump-seal.html

i owned and Run the Orginal Old Silver Claw on a 406ci SBC with Good results.

i cannot say the same about their Pumps or Service or New Demon carbs.

below is old Pic of the carb i ran...

Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Thanks for the info. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    Rabbit if all your pump is doing is leaking you can fix her for $12.50...the kit is simple to install...just be sure to polish the Shaft at the end of the pump once you have the the bottom off .....i have rebuilt several of the of the BG 400 pumps with this Kit with 100% results....if you purchase just make sure you get 2 or 3 Kits..well worth it Trust me !!!....keep one at home and one in the trailer for the track

here is the link to the man who sells these gasket Kits that BG used to Hammer people on..i have purchased from this man several times, he is prompt and reliable...oh yeah this kit will also work on the magnafuel pump as well

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/10175...pump-seal.html

i owned and Run the Orginal Old Silver Claw on a 406ci SBC with Good results.

i cannot say the same about their Pumps or Service or New Demon carbs.

below is old Pic of the carb i ran...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks BJ. I have rebuilt several that just had leaks and do keep some seals. Problem is my pumps go throgh hell. Or should I say mud. That's why I have 2 pumps. My pump is under my truck. Bad place for a pump on a mud racing truck, but I am gonna move it this winter.
    By the time I send them back the are pretty messed up inside and out.

On this topic BG do seem to leak worse than Magnafuel pumps. I think they both use the sames seals don't they?? Some guys drain all the fuel and keep the seals dry and say that works. I drain the fuel out of the tank but leave a little in the bottom of the tank so some is in the pump too. I haven't had near as much trouble as I did last year. Maybe BG's using a better seal. I don't know.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    i think you are correct....i sort of Figured you knew where to get these seals also...lol...

we still may come to neeses next week..i mentioned it to the Boss and she did not shoot it down....lol
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "