Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: how big is too big?

  1. #1

    how big is too big?

    I have a '72 chevelle that needs some new rims. I was looking at the American Racing Torq-Thrust M Wheels. I am thinking about going with either the 17x8s or the 17x9s. It is pretty much stock and was wondering if the 17x9s are too big and if I should go with 17x8s or look at something even smaller? I am planning on getting a pretty low profile tire to put on them. Any direction would be great. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    I think they look best with 15 x 8's but that's just me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    orland pk il
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    I think they look best with 15 x 8's but that's just me.
    X2 on the 15x8's. ya dont want to turn it into a donk :shock: :shock:

  4. #4
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rifle Colorado
    Posts
    585
    17" rims on a 72 Chevelle? Seriously? Buy a Honda..........

  5. #5
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lost Creek, WV
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by johnracer
    17" rims on a 72 Chevelle? Seriously? Buy a Honda..........
    X2...AMEN!!!

    TS1955

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Emmett, Idaho
    Posts
    7,334
    Are you going the Pro Touring route ? If so, It'll need to be lowered at least 3" all around to look right. 17's at stock ride height just does not work. IMHO
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

    God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lenoir City Tennessee
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
    Are you going the Pro Touring route ? If so, It'll need to be lowered at least 3" all around to look right. 17's at stock ride height just does not work. IMHO

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    orland pk il
    Posts
    2,429
    now it needs a fart can bra & disco lites :?

  9. #9
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    I think they look best with 15 x 8's but that's just me.
    X2 on the 15x8's. ya dont want to turn it into a donk :shock: :shock:
    If you do go the DONK route...make sure you paint

    CHEVELLE down the side and

    1972 SS
    on the trunk.

  10. #10
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    Quote Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    I think they look best with 15 x 8's but that's just me.
    X2 on the 15x8's. ya dont want to turn it into a donk :shock: :shock:
    If you do go the DONK route...make sure you paint

    CHEVELLE down the side and

    1972 SS
    on the trunk.
    Plus a 6" tall CHEVELLE decal on the windshield.
    Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy