OK, So you think you know it all huh? Well then take a look

Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 PM
kryogenic
APPRENTICE

Default OK, So you think you know it all huh? Well then take a look

At this engine and see if you have the ability to correctly identify it!!!!

Good luck, we have all been unable to figure it out...

(Who is the block maker)

Your help is much appreciated.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Says Keith Black on it... :?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:17 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

It looks Mopar from the oil pump location. The Kieth Black is on the timing cover for the gear drive. Not sure who made the block.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:23 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

If this is in your possession, then why don't you know? You have 4 posts total, two of which are posting this question twice, and your profile / location is turned off........... are these parts STOLEN? What is the back story? That may help you to get the correct answer more easily. If we knew what class the assembly was for, that may possibly narrow the choices.
Bruce
Old 09-26-2009, 09:31 AM
kryogenic
APPRENTICE

Default Whos the maker of the BLOCK?

Folks im going to respond to Bruce/TopsdpeedLowet's questions accusations first:

1) I never said it was in my posession, so where you got that from I have no idea.
2) I surf RacingJunk for parts to purchase for my hotrods 99.9 percent of the time. I dont really care for reading forums much so I dont have that many posts. Since you apparently think you are "Smart" enough to assume because of my lack of posts im a theif, you might want to look how long I have been a member of racingjunk. I have purchased quite a lot of items from folks on here, and im sure they could vouch for me.
3) I havent bothered to set up my profile specifics because like I said before, I dont read forums much. I'm not even sure where the option is...
4) The backstory of the engine should have nothing to do with being able to identify what kind of engine it is, but since you think that will bring the answers to light ill be happy to give the little bit of history I know about it.

A few months ago I was at a car show and saw this engine for sale in the back of a guys trailer. He goes to tons of swapmeets and sells primarily mopar stuff, but more restoration parts vs. raceparts. The engine had some documentation attached to it. In documentation it stated that the engine was a TFX block. I did some research on the web about TFX blocks and could find none similar. I called around to several of the big engine makers including AJPE and emailed them the picture since they now own TFX and they are not familiar with this engine.

So, my main question was what kind of BLOCK is this? I know its Mopar, thats why I said in the title its a Hemi. The gear drive reads "Keith Black" but thats just the gear drive and has nothing to do with the engine maker.

I am considering getting into the Topsportman / Blown Alcohol side instead of the drag racing im currently doing. If this was a good deal, it could have been my ticket to get my foot in the door. However, I did not want to invest into an engine I couldnt get any replacement parts for, hence, why im trying to track down what kind of engine it is...

The point of me posting on here is because I was hoping an old school alcohol/top fuel guy might see this pictures and say, "oh yeah thats a..." and then I could do some research on it.

In short Bruce, if you dont know what kind of engine block this is or know someone that does, dont bother posting on this question and keep your rediculas assumptions to yourself.

If anyone knows someone who might know who the maker of this engine block is, I would appreciate and answer.

Thank you
Old 09-26-2009, 09:37 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Whos the maker of the BLOCK?

Originally Posted by kryogenic
Folks im going to respond to Bruce/TopsdpeedLowet's questions accusations first:

1) I never said it was in my posession, so where you got that from I have no idea.
2) I surf RacingJunk for parts to purchase for my hotrods 99.9 percent of the time. I dont really care for reading forums much so I dont have that many posts. Since you apparently think you are "Smart" enough to assume because of my lack of posts im a theif, you might want to look how long I have been a member of racingjunk. I have purchased quite a lot of items from folks on here, and im sure they could vouch for me.
3) I havent bothered to set up my profile specifics because like I said before, I dont read forums much. I'm not even sure where the option is...
4) The backstory of the engine should have nothing to do with being able to identify what kind of engine it is, but since you think that will bring the answers to light ill be happy to give the little bit of history I know about it.

A few months ago I was at a car show and saw this engine for sale in the back of a guys trailer. He goes to tons of swapmeets and sells primarily mopar stuff, but more restoration parts vs. raceparts. The engine had some documentation attached to it. In documentation it stated that the engine was a TFX block. I did some research on the web about TFX blocks and could find none similar. I called around to several of the big engine makers including AJPE and emailed them the picture since they now own TFX and they are not familiar with this engine.

So, my main question was what kind of BLOCK is this? I know its Mopar, thats why I said in the title its a Hemi. The gear drive reads "Keith Black" but thats just the gear drive and has nothing to do with the engine maker.

I am considering getting into the Topsportman / Blown Alcohol side instead of the drag racing im currently doing. If this was a good deal, it could have been my ticket to get my foot in the door. However, I did not want to invest into an engine I couldnt get any replacement parts for, hence, why im trying to track down what kind of engine it is...

The point of me posting on here is because I was hoping an old school alcohol/top fuel guy might see this pictures and say, "oh yeah thats a..." and then I could do some research on it.

In short Bruce, if you dont know what kind of engine block this is or know someone that does, dont bother posting on this question and keep your rediculas assumptions to yourself.

If anyone knows someone who might know who the maker of this engine block is, I would appreciate and answer.

Thank you
First of all you should have said all this when you posted it instead of sounding like a smartazz.

Second you never put in the title that it is a HEMI or MOPAR for that matter. So before you get all defensive you mihgt want to re-read what you wrote in the first post.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:53 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

This is one of the first Indy hemi blocks,

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 09-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you
He wasn't accusing you of anything...you posted this with little explanation, almost like it was a riddle or a "test"...

I think you are a bit rude and posts like the one above do nothing to make anyone want to answer your question. JMO
Old 09-27-2009, 02:00 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74

Thank you
He wasn't accusing you of anything...you posted this with little explanation, almost like it was a riddle or a "test"...

I think you are a bit rude and posts like the one above do nothing to make anyone want to answer your question. JMO
Thank you tod74 for explaining this to kryogenic, you and DirkaDirka hit the nail right on the head.
Bruce
Old 09-27-2009, 05:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I have no idea what kind of block it is, but you could contact Keith Black and I'm sure he could tell you what it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -