New to Electronics

Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
creative1
SHOW GUEST

Default New to Electronics

Hello,

I am new to electronics, and need some help. I am getting a dragster and need to get a box, throttle stop (preferably w/ starting line enhancer) and the works to go with it. What are you opinions on the best units and what all do I need to buy to get started? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:24 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

In a dragster, I'd recommend either a Dedenbear Lightning or K&R Procube due to their size and the limited space you'll have. I'm a Dedenbear guy myself. K&R, Biondo, and others have dual cyl co2 stops that work very well. You can set one cyl for starting line enhancer and the other for et control........
Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

I have a Biondo 85 in my car. It's a delay box with crossover and has a 4 stage throttle-stop timer and has the starting line enhancer.

TS1955
Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I like the biondo stuff its very easy to wire and use.

The next thing I will say, a baseplate stop is easier to 90 race with then a linkage style, they are more predicatable. But if you do go linkage make sure you buy a actual ts and not just a SLE
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

My personal preference is Biondo Elite 500 box with a dedenbear under the carb electric stop that has the primary kit. This setup works good whether you are killing a few tenths or a couple seconds to get to a 90.

a linkage stop will work, but is nowhere near as consistent. Look around at the winners and you generally wont see a linkage deal.

The starting line enhancer is awesome when bracket racing a fast car, but its no use on pro tree racing.