Thread: New to Electronics

New to Electronics

Hello,

I am new to electronics, and need some help. I am getting a dragster and need to get a box, throttle stop (preferably w/ starting line enhancer) and the works to go with it. What are you opinions on the best units and what all do I need to buy to get started? Thanks!

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    In a dragster, I'd recommend either a Dedenbear Lightning or K&R Procube due to their size and the limited space you'll have. I'm a Dedenbear guy myself. K&R, Biondo, and others have dual cyl co2 stops that work very well. You can set one cyl for starting line enhancer and the other for et control........

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I have a Biondo 85 in my car. It's a delay box with crossover and has a 4 stage throttle-stop timer and has the starting line enhancer.

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I like the biondo stuff its very easy to wire and use.

The next thing I will say, a baseplate stop is easier to 90 race with then a linkage style, they are more predicatable. But if you do go linkage make sure you buy a actual ts and not just a SLE
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    My personal preference is Biondo Elite 500 box with a dedenbear under the carb electric stop that has the primary kit. This setup works good whether you are killing a few tenths or a couple seconds to get to a 90.

a linkage stop will work, but is nowhere near as consistent. Look around at the winners and you generally wont see a linkage deal.

The starting line enhancer is awesome when bracket racing a fast car, but its no use on pro tree racing.
    Josh VanHorne

1964 Chevy Nova
    Worlds quickest and fastest tow truck. (9.92 @ 137)

http://static.racingjunk.com/63/ui/7...247837-479.jpg

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/211708