Thread: POWER GLIDE NO LOW GEAR

POWER GLIDE NO LOW GEAR

WHEN I SHIFT IN TO LOW,SLIPS REAL BAD..TRANS BRAKE WORKS AND HOLDS GOOD!! NEW BAND.NEW 2 RING SERVOE. ADJ. 3 TURNS OUT.NEW H/V PUMP.HIPSTER VALVE BODY,ALUMINUM.PLEASE HELP :wink:

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Slips in low, But the trans brake holds??? With the trans brake on you can bring the rpms up and the car doesn't move? Who's servo did you use ?

trans slips in low

yes brake holds perfect.duel ring servoe. tried two differnt types. one round top other flat top.less volume.this one has me crazy.. drives good in drive,reverse.tried adjusting trans brake solinoid. just made reverse better..new drum ,kevlar band.. slips so bad,you have to rev it just to move,,,thanks :wink:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Is this a new build, or was it a working trans before, i kinda curious, doesn't that valve body require some holes drill in the case. I'm not a trans guru, but do rebuild my own once they have been built by a trans specialest.

Zip.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    You might want to check your converter and pump.
    It Ain't Over Til Its NOVA - 634ci of S*#t Your Pants!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyfireball
    You might want to check your converter and pump.
    x2

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    You need to check some pressures. Did the trans just start doing this or is this a fresh/rebuilt trans? The T-brake only applies Rev. with 1st gear slipping the car should back up. Checks pressure at the servo cover and at the reverse tap (if you have one). Post your results. You can give me a call at the shop to 727-375-4737 Matt
    Also if this trans just start to do this, I have had a few hipster aluminum brake have the bolts come loose.

NO LOW GEAR

THIS WAS A WORKING SET UP. LOST FRONT PUMP. PUT IN A NEW H/V ONE. FIRST IT HAD A RPM FLARE UP FROM LOW TO HIGH.CLOSE UP HIGH GEAR PACK TO .060. 3.5 TURNS ON NEW KEVLAR BAND. FIXED..WILL CHECK SERVO PRESSURE.. HEY GUYS ,THANKS FO YOUR INFO AND TIME.. :wink:

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    On your band adjustment, are tighting it to 72inch pounds then backing off 3-4 turns?