HOW TO LOCK YOUR CAR

Old 09-07-2009, 08:07 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Default HOW TO LOCK YOUR CAR

READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH

How to Lock Your Car and Why
I locked my car --- as I walked away I heard my car door unlock I went back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again.
How to lock your car safely:
While traveling, my son stopped at a roadside park. He came back to his car less than 4-5 minutes later and found someone had gotten into his car, and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator, briefcase.....you name it...
He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into - the police told him that there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device.
They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a few minutes to steal and run.
The police officer said to manually lock your car door-by hitting the lock button inside the car, that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim it will not be you.
When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting...it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain - it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be stolen. Something totally new to us...and real.
Be aware of this and please pass this note on...look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote...just to be sure we remembered to lock them....and bingo someone has our code...and whatever was in the car...can be stolen.
Snopes Approved. Please share with everyone you know... Good information!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I heard about this for a year or so. I'm the worst about locking doors. I HATE LOCKS. I never lock my truck by the door switch. Always lock it with my key fob when i'm walking away.
I need to start paying more attention to things like this.
I still think if someone is caught stealing we should just kill em on the spot. Maybe that would slow down some of this kind of crap.

If you have a GPS do not put your home address in it. Put some place close to your house. Mine was stolen out of my truck (last Christmas) and I was scared they would come to my house, my parents house, etc.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Kill em on the spot has my vote. Best method of elimination is elimination.
( Sort of kidding )
Bruce
Old 09-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I never lock my car or truck...if they want in they will get in. I worked with a guy that had an expensive stereo so he always locked his car...they busted the window out.
After he replaced the stereo equipment(and the window) he started leaving it unlocked.He figured at l;east if they stole his radio he wouldn't have to go to the trouble of replacing the window.
Well 6 months later they stole his stereo again...and the best(or worst) part is They didn't even try to open the door first they just broke out the window :lol: ....the door was unlocked but they evidentally didn't check.It's not funny cause I hate a thief but at the same time it is sorta funny they busted his window when they could have just opened the door.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I never lock my car or truck...if they want in they will get in. I worked with a guy that had an expensive stereo so he always locked his car...they busted the window out.
After he replaced the stereo equipment(and the window) he started leaving it unlocked.He figured at l;east if they stole his radio he wouldn't have to go to the trouble of replacing the window.
Well 6 months later they stole his stereo again...and the best(or worst) part is They didn't even try to open the door first they just broke out the window :lol: ....the door was unlocked but they evidentally didn't check.It's not funny cause I hate a thief but at the same time it is sorta funny they busted his window when they could have just opened the door.
That is why all of my windows are tinted 5%. I even have a 6" strip on the front window. Nobody can see inside at what kind of stereo I have or anything else as a matter of fact.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:48 PM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

What is being claimed as people grabbing codes isn't quite correct. In the early days of keyless door locks, a single code was generated for each car and with the right receiver these codes could be picked up and used by someone else. But now, all the keyless door locks, and even garage door openers use rolling codes. So whatever code is used to open or lock a door, be it a car door or garage door, is changed the next time the signal is sent out.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I MUST BE INSTALLING OLD TIMEY CRAP THEN , BECAUSE I PUT UP ELECTRIC GATE OPENERS AND GARAGE DOOR OPENERS AND THEY ALL HAVE A SET CODE , WHAT EVER I SET IT AS..IF IT ROLLS , HOW DOES THE REMOTE KNOW WHAT THE UNIT ROLLED TO? JUST ASKING..YOUR NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN
Old 09-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
That is why all of my windows are tinted 5%. I even have a 6" strip on the front window. Nobody can see inside at what kind of stereo I have or anything else as a matter of fact.
Then you are supposed to put a big sticker on the rear window that hogs up the whole window saying "ALPINE" or "KENWOOD"
OR "steal my radio"

remember when the fad was to have a low rider s10 or Ranger...they always advertised the stereo this way.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:34 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Then you are supposed to put a big sticker on the rear window that hogs up the whole window saying "ALPINE" or "KENWOOD"
OR "steal my radio"

remember when the fad was to have a low rider s10 or Ranger...they always advertised the stereo this way.
I remember when that was the fad. Now it is DONKS with it on the side of the car instead of the back window:shock: :shock:
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I heard about this for a year or so. I'm the worst about locking doors. I HATE LOCKS. I never lock my truck by the door switch. Always lock it with my key fob when i'm walking away.
I need to start paying more attention to things like this.
I still think if someone is caught stealing we should just kill em on the spot. Maybe that would slow down some of this kind of crap.

If you have a GPS do not put your home address in it. Put some place close to your house. Mine was stolen out of my truck (last Christmas) and I was scared they would come to my house, my parents house, etc.
why would you put your home address in a GPS,you don't know how to get there :?: :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -