what is correct a/f number when nitrous hit off brake?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

Default what is correct a/f number when nitrous hit off brake?

what is best way to apply nitrous in an air/fuel aspect when using a plate kit right off transbrake?ive got a big shot plate on bbc, big superflow pump with a bleed off line back into tank (on pump). then -10 line up to fuel log.2 magnafuel regulators.one for carb and other for nitrous gas regulator.then capped(dead headed)...when i set regulator for nitrous, i took plate off motor and activated gas selenoid,set to 6.25 lbs flowing pressure.then put back on motor and started fuel pump.regulator is up to as high as 11 lbs when selenoid is closed.takes a sec or two once selenoid is open to drop down to 6.25 lbs.we dyno tested car and on initial hit it, dyno could only register air/fuel as rich as 10:1...it was at least that or worse.then by end of pull,went to 10.5:1,thats with 91nitrous 93 gas pills

when nitrous is applied being a little rich then leaning out is that desireable? i asked magnafuel where to go from here they said the regulators i have are dead head regulators so if i wanted to i could run a -3 line with .025" pill inbetween fuel regulator of nitrous selenoid and the selenoid and return to tank.

dunno.....thanks in advance!!!!!