New GT 500 Mustang

Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default New GT 500 Mustang

i am a Chevy Guy and been one all my Life....But dang Fords 2010 GT 500 Hotrod is Killing the 2010 Chevy camaro...both Muscle and looks

i know the Price is 15k more but at least Ford is stepping up to the plate in the age of electric cars and scooters.

the Gt 500 has 540 hp and look Great ($48,000)

the 2010 camaro SS2 is 426 HP Looks like Fido's a$$ ( IMO) for $33,000
I mean COME ON that was a feeble attempt by CHEVY ON muscle ( IMO)

Ford has even Stepped up their Taurus ( SHO) Turbo charged V-6 making 350hp and 350 ft lbs of Tq. 8) ...ALL FOR $23,000

Why can't Chevy step up to the plate ( FOR -REAL AND STOP PLAYING)... make a TRIBUTE car to the 69 camaro Body style..turbo charge INTERCOOL it for 600 hp MANUAL 6 SPEED... :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :roll: :idea:

I swear I would shovel Cow CHIT to get one of those if it happened.

wadda think Guys ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I went up to the local Chevy dealer (Larry King) and looked at a 6 cyl Camaro they had (didn't have a v8 in stock). Not impressed at all, in fact I thought the interiors sucked.
I agree juice, the Mustang is a seriously bad a## ride! As far as shoveling cow dung for the Camaro you described, I would likely EAT a couple shovel fulls for that! :shock: :shock: OK, only one shovel full. :lol:
Old 08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

agree with youn 100% bjuice. I have been nothing but chevy all my life but more and more everyday i keep leanin toward ford. I never thought i would ever consider a ford but now its a different story.(if i had any money) There new f150 Raptor looks like its goin be one heck of a truck too.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Way back when it was rumored that Chev was bringing back the 'maro and all the prototype pics were popping up, I about puked when I saw them and am STILL puking now that they have hit the streets under the Camaro nameplate.
Ford and Mopar hit home runs with the 'stang and Challenger and I was expecting a visually competitive unit from Chev. The 'maro is a great looking car but NOT under the Camaro badge.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Camaro

I would rank the Mustang 1st, the Challenger 2nd and the Camaro a distant 3rd. I think the whole idea of having to install an engine from the bottom is ridiculous. I've installed an engine from the bottom in a Firebird and it is a pain. From what I have been told, the new Camaro is a bottom feeder too.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree Brian.
Ford has it all over Chevy. I thought about ordering a new Camaro but the more I see them the worse they look. I gave up on GM when they made the new GTO. That's when I realized who was designing the new cars. These guys don't have a clue.
The new Camaro comes with Z stripes and they call it an SS. What the heck happen to the RS hide away lights. RS was hide away lights not an emblem. Help me out here, two stripes down the hood and trunk are Z28 only. SS came with Hockey puck and Bumble bee stripes ONLY. So why are they putting Z stripes on an SS.
They don't have a clue. They don't even know what a 69 Camaro looks like.
The new Camaro looks like a Cadillac Seville. If your a Chevy guy what the hell do you buy if you want a new Muscle car?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: New GT 500 Mustang

Originally Posted by bjuice
i am a Chevy Guy and been one all my Life....But dang Fords 2010 GT 500 Hotrod is Killing the 2010 Chevy camaro...both Muscle and looks

i know the Price is 15k more but at least Ford is stepping up to the plate in the age of electric cars and scooters.

the Gt 500 has 540 hp and look Great ($48,000)

the 2010 camaro SS2 is 426 HP Looks like Fido's a$$ ( IMO) for $33,000
I mean COME ON that was a feeble attempt by CHEVY ON muscle ( IMO)

Ford has even Stepped up their Taurus ( SHO) Turbo charged V-6 making 350hp and 350 ft lbs of Tq. 8) ...ALL FOR $23,000

Why can't Chevy step up to the plate ( FOR -REAL AND STOP PLAYING)... make a TRIBUTE car to the 69 camaro Body style..turbo charge INTERCOOL it for 600 hp MANUAL 6 SPEED... :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :roll: :idea:

I swear I would shovel Cow CHIT to get one of those if it happened.

wadda think Guys ?
Just to add to the misery of the GT 500. You can also upgrade the GT 500 to 720hp and some other mods to the exterior. They call that the Super Snake. But you will have to send the GT 500 to Shelby America in Vegas to get that upgrade. I got a pic of one on my racespace. Its not a really good pic. I will try to find a diff one.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Alright I know you guys are gonna poo poo on me but I like the new camaro. my sister bought the 2SS , I think its pretty cool. If i could I would have a challenger , mustang & camaro, I think there all great 8)
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Alright I know you guys are gonna poo poo on me but I like the new camaro. my sister bought the 2SS , I think its pretty cool. If i could I would have a challenger , mustang & camaro, I think there all great 8)
Oh yeah and I like the looks of the new Camaro and Mustang but no tthe new Challenger. To me the Challenger looks like the Camaro anyways. Just a lil diff mod to the front and back end.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I am gona buy a Chrysler 300 ....Best looking car out right now in my opinion. Looks like a Gangster car with a chopped top. 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -