Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: slicks

slicks

who do you guys and gals thing make the best slicks.

M/T

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    That's one of those questions, if you ask 10 people you'll get 10 different answers, so here's mine. I've always run Goodyear Eagles.

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    M/T for six years. Not the same set for that long. Very consistant tire.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

i've allways ran m/t but want to try something new next year but don't know what trying to get some ideals from you guys. i have a 3100 pound 87 camaro with a sbc and glide it runs 10.70-80's with a 28x10.5w so been watching other cars and tires to see whats working.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I run GOODYEAR because they had a stiff sidewall the size I wanted.....as much as they cost I am scared to take a chance and buy something else when I know the goodyear works well for mine.

Hoosiers why because they dont shake like a mother'fer like a good year does ... and they are cheaper

A few weeks ago I tried some MT's on my car for the first time .. compred to the goodyears on a A/B/A test the MT's were a full 4 hundreths faster in the 60ft alone ... and talk about smoooothhhhh

I will own a set soon to try on the cold and dewy tracks
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Another vote for Hoosier here. They are smooth, keep your fillings in your teeth in the burnout and hook on hot or cold tracks.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I used to run M/T on my Camaro. 28 x 14.5 x 15 I think. I found that Hoosier made the same size tyre but they were an inch wider at the tread and 1 lb lighter per tyre.

I run 34.5x17x16 Hoosiers on my Nova. Never had a problem and they're a damn sight cheaper than Goodyears.
    It Ain't Over Til Its NOVA - 634ci of S*#t Your Pants!

Good years all the way. M/T makes a good set of small tires, but I have yet to get a set of M/T 34.5x17x16 that were within 1-1/2" of each other on Roll Out. Out of 3 sets the closest waa 1-1/2". 1st set I had ripped the chords on the side walls and the tire looked like a basket ball when you kick it. M/T didn't want to take them back but Doug Hurberts made it right and traded them for a set of goodyears. The second set we had we threw on really quick and made a blast without checking roll out. They are over 2" different in roll out and sitting in my garage because M/T doesn't want to take them back. Went and looked at a replacement set for the 2nd set of M/T and they are over 1-1/2" out of Roll out. Goodyears have always been within 1/2" roll out and run like a champ. Never had any issues with Goodyears except the cost, but you pay for quality. Got a set of M/T on my Monte Carlo right now that I would replace with Goodyears and will when they are worn out. Why did we continue to buy M/T, they pay contigency and we tried to support the Products that supports our racing, but when the company doesn't stand behind there products they sale, I have a issue with that.