GAS STATION NAME AND THEIR FUEL QUALITY

Old 08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default GAS STATION NAME AND THEIR FUEL QUALITY

JUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR OPINION IS. I ALWAYS WAS TOLD THAT THE MORE WELL KNOWN AND PROBABLY MORE ADVERTIZED GAS STATIONS ALWAYS HAD A BETTER QUALITY GAS FOR OUR DAILY DRIVERS.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

My neighbor (RIP) used to drive a 18 wheeler full of gas thru Houston everyday. He got the fuel and the same place and delivered to different named gas pumps. But I still go to Chevron to buy my gas. Better maintenance on their pumps and tanks.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

That is soo not true. I put diesel in my truck from Chevron and it ran like sh*t. That was even with additives I alwasy put in it. I go to the cheapest place in my town for diesel and the truck runs great off of it.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT THERE OCTANE RATINGS ARE GOVT. REGULATED AND TESTED. BRAND NEW 10.8 BBC. NEED 93 CORRECT
Old 08-20-2009, 12:11 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I believe that the octane ratings are govt regu;ated and tested but it also depends on how the stations tanks in the ground is taken care of. If there is a lot of water in the tank the gas gets diluted and also how much dirt is in the tank too. I try not to fill up when I notice the tanker filling the tanks in the ground due to mixing everything together when they fill the underground tanks up again.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 PM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
That is soo not true. I put diesel in my truck from Chevron and it ran like sh*t. That was even with additives I alwasy put in it. I go to the cheapest place in my town for diesel and the truck runs great off of it.

Sometimes you have immigrants that are theives. they will put water in their tanks and try to pass it off as good fuel. This happened to me at a Shell station by my house. You can find honest fuel suppliers. I believe that you just got a bad one.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by CamBirdRacing
Originally Posted by DirkaDirka

Sometimes you have immigrants that are theives. they will put water in their tanks and try to pass it off as good fuel. This happened to me at a Shell station by my house. You can find honest fuel suppliers. I believe that you just got a bad one.

This happen to me at 2 diff Chevrons at diff times
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I run filtered used transmission fluid in my diesel. :wink:
Old 08-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

Well let's just say this, there's really no reason to worry about fueling when or after the truck is there. There are BIG filters inline to catch anything before it reaches your pump. Also the gas will vary from time to time due to where it is loaded from. Price & supplier will change daily if not 2-3 times per day & dictates where & what grade of gas you are getting. Yes the government regulates the octane rating, but there are several blending techniques to come up with the same so called octane rating. Thus giving you different actual grades of gas depending on this method & supplier. I've hauled this junk daily for @ 9 yrs. If you only knew the behind the scenes. Also the time of year & where you live will dictate this. RVP pressure laws change in summer & the winter around big cities. You will notice big changes in fuel mpg then too.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:21 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I dont know, but i have put 93 octane in my blown sbc for the last 4500 miles from every station around , even heb and its still going. No one believes my thou.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -