Thread: Grand kids are hazardous to your health !!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

Grand kids are hazardous to your health !!

This last weekend I was fixing flats on my grand kid's bicycles and naturally had to 'test drive' 'em. Saddled up, peddled out 10 feet and popped a wheelie. BUT it didn't stop at just catching air :roll:
    With the full intention of riding on the rear for any number of feet that I could, that little tiny rear tire just kept moving through the rotational direction which was forward and completely out from under my old azz ops:
    Straight down onto the pavement on my rear cheeks and then double whapped onto my right elbow. The resulting energy was sent along my upper arm and ended at my shoulder doing a rip and tear job on internal muscle and ligament parts. :?
    The saving grace is that it coulda been a whole lot worse with major back or brain issues. I was totally spared that.......My new crew chief was right there watching and it scared the holy hell outa her. It was the HARDEST fall I've ever taken. Been whacked around in racecars a bit but not as hard as this little 'ol fall on my butt ! ops: ops:
    So now I'm one arm banditing for a while.......The Old Man was smiling down on me that day, coulda ended up a vegatable.
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Yes I know what you mean.. My grandson has more energy than a nitro fuel funny car...

Ya know, I bet you could of used a good set of heelie bars on that tri-cycle... LOL :lol:
    "Can't Means You Don't Want To"

Haven't You Stomped A Ford,,,,,,,,,,,, Lately?

and they said that natasha richards was just a mild bump on the
    snow and you know she went into a coma, now how long do
    the let you out to play? you might have too much outside time,
    and need a timeout, :lol: :wink: i have learned from bad
    experiences to leave your grandkids toys alone, ouch :?

Ouch! Glad your ok DD, next time you better leave the bike riding to the grandkids. 8)

I had a similar experience but it was on my younger cousin's honda Z50, I'm a big guy but I just couldnt resiste the temptation to look like a total idiot on that little deathtrap - so off I went.
    One wheelie later my azz was on the pavement quicker than a cat could lick his a$$.
    My elbows and right knee took the majority of the blow, I had road rash from my hand to my elbow on one arm, half way down the other and a huge gash on my knee that hurt like the devil - it was kinda hard standing up and trying to look cool after that one, but I managed...lol
    Stood up and said out loud, "now this is what you dont wanna do".
    Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Years ago when we got our first mini trail Honda 50, My mom decided it looked like fun. Well mom, you are supposed to let off the throttle when you shift. At least she was in a field.

MRI this morning revealed NO torn anything and got shot up with cortizone and sent home with physical therapy instructions. Big relief as I should be able to play at least once more before the season ends ! IF I am a good little patient. :cry: My crew chief is gonna be right on my a$$ to be good as she wants at least one good ride( in my racecar ) before winter
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

yea good news now, but try that crap 10yrs from now and there
    goes the hip, ha. good to know your on the road to recovery,
    but did the dr tel you to stay away from the grandkids toys? :wink:

LOLOL He even had his own grandkids toys story involving one of those aluminum RAZOR type scooters and a curb ! Seems that when aluminum contacts concrete, things come to a sudden halt !
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH