NHRA CERTIFICATION?

Old 08-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Superpro89
SHOW GUEST

Default NHRA CERTIFICATION?

I ran a certified Camaro last year but due to unforseen circumstances last Friday was our first time out with this car. When I took it to tech everything was fine except for the certification and the tech guy said once it's certified you have to keep it certified. I have slowed the car down and we only went 6.67 and never heard this before does anybody have any insight on this before I contact NHRA? If this is true it is another bs rule. Thanks Mike
Old 08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

good luck,most of us run slow poke cars(mine has seen mid 8's in quarter)

if i was u, id contact all the divisions and ask seperately,sometimes u get diffrent answers from diffrent people,so ask as many as u can to get opinions

....oh by the way,wanna trade?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:16 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

What was your car previously certified to and when did the certification expire?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

oh yes --THE NHRA GODS HAVE SPOKEN -AGAIN ops: :shock: ops: :shock:
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

So if you scrape the tag off, sand it, and paint over it, how do they know it was ever tagged?

Smells like BS to me.

If the rules don't require a cert for the speed you're gong, then there's no reason to require a tag.

Usually, when jerks like that make up rules, I have them show it to me in the rule book. When they don't provide a rule book, I ask them where it's at, because every NHRA track is required to have one in the tech lanes.

The fat ass tech guy at Gateway tried pulling that crap on me. 20+ cars behind me in tech. When he didn't have the book I told him he had two choices. Either waddle his fat ass up to the tower and get a book, or sign my tech card. ...He signed the card.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I had a similar experience with the same fat a$$ guy @ gateway.

:shock: Imagine that........ :shock:

He did not care to take the time to show me the rule book, just wanted to blow me off. When he did not have his rule book to point it out to me, I pulled out mine and flipped to the page in question....

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!

He waddled around my car and tried his dambest to find something else wrong, but he was unsuccessful. :twisted:

Super Pro are you running 6.60'sn the 1/8 mile or quarter??? I am assuming 1/8 mile........
Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

that tech guy is a dumb dumb !!

If you car is slow enough to not need it, it dont matter if it had 20 nhra stickers on it at one time, its slower then the et break to have it you dont need it.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ashbros
I had a similar experience with the same fat a$$ guy @ gateway.

:shock: Imagine that........ :shock:

He did not care to take the time to show me the rule book, just wanted to blow me off. When he did not have his rule book to point it out to me, I pulled out mine and flipped to the page in question....

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!

He waddled around my car and tried his dambest to find something else wrong, but he was unsuccessful. :twisted:

Super Pro are you running 6.60'sn the 1/8 mile or quarter??? I am assuming 1/8 mile........
Sounds like we oughta go out and have a beer to talk about stupid stories from Waitway.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Superpro89
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the replies, that is what I thought. Last year we ran high 5.90s to low 6s now we are shooting for 6.50s due to money and don't want to spend the $150 for chassis certification. Thanks again Mike
Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Superpro89
SHOW GUEST

Sorry yes 1/8 mile was certified to 8.50 just ran out at the end of July. Thanks Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -