Drag Racing Frustration!! Car Trouble

Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 PM
sstougard
APPRENTICE

Default Drag Racing Frustration!! Car Trouble

Ok, I am a typical guy and I hate asking for help, but I am totally dumbfounded. My car has an odd problem and any suggestions would be great!

I can make three perfect burnouts (Usually) then the third run it begins to mess up. When I am at the line waiting for the lights to finish the RPM begins to drop. My foot is in it all the way and I am against the Trans Brake at 5500. By the time the light goes green it nearly idles off the line. Then about 10 to 20 feet out it runs like a bat out of hell again.

I have replace my fuel Reg, fuel pump and it still does it. I was grabbing at straws and put in a new converter and it still does it. The motor is has only 15 pass's on it and half of those were with the wierd issue. I rewired the car etc. I am about to freaking lose it! Any help out there? Hell, and witch doctors out there?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:11 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Drag Racing Frustration!! Car Trouble

Originally Posted by stoug
Ok, I am a typical guy and I hate asking for help, but I am totally dumbfounded. My car has an odd problem and any suggestions would be great!

I can make three perfect burnouts (Usually) then the third run it begins to mess up. When I am at the line waiting for the lights to finish the RPM begins to drop. My foot is in it all the way and I am against the Trans Brake at 5500. By the time the light goes green it nearly idles off the line. Then about 10 to 20 feet out it runs like a bat out of hell again.

I have replace my fuel Reg, fuel pump and it still does it. I was grabbing at straws and put in a new converter and it still does it. The motor is has only 15 pass's on it and half of those were with the wierd issue. I rewired the car etc. I am about to freaking lose it! Any help out there? Hell, and witch doctors out there?
SURE Sounds Like a FUEL ISSUE?
Maybe a Pick-Up Problem?
What type of Cell do you have,and where is the Pick-Up Located?
Later
Greg 8)
Old 08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
sstougard
APPRENTICE

I never thought of a cell problem. I run an 5 Gal RCI. Heck I am willing to try anything at this point. I appreciate your help. The cell has been the same one I have ran for years, what could go wrong with it? Kind of funny, everytime I think I have broken everything made racing I find something new to bust. lol
Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well here is another forum on here form someone losing rpm also. I dontknow if this will help but it might have diff points to check that might work for you.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=11158
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM
sstougard
APPRENTICE

Reading it now, btw great line...."it is always fun ..." LMAO
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by stoug
I never thought of a cell problem. I run an 5 Gal RCI. Heck I am willing to try anything at this point. I appreciate your help. The cell has been the same one I have ran for years, what could go wrong with it? Kind of funny, everytime I think I have broken everything made racing I find something new to bust. lol

Vent could be clogged up!?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:07 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default RPM

X2 on the plugged vent, maybe a Mud Dauber?!! :shock:
Old 08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Are you running alcohol?

Injection or Carburated?

If alcohol, when was the last time you cleaned out your fuel filter and blew out the fuel lines?? Removed and cleaned the injectors?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:42 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: RPM

Originally Posted by fla1976
X2 on the plugged vent, maybe a Mud Dauber?!! :shock:
I have a farm truck that does not get driven often and had a dirt dauber block up the vent tube on the turbo 350. You would not believe the mess when the trans heated up and fluid came spitting out of the full tube.
Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
sstougard
APPRENTICE

It is an 1150 Doninator on gas.

Checked the vent line, it was plugged up with a little crap. But took it out and brought it up against the converter and brake and it did it again. And my daughter wonders why I am losing my hair!!!

Originally Posted by ashbros
Are you running alcohol?

Injection or Carburated?

If alcohol, when was the last time you cleaned out your fuel filter and blew out the fuel lines?? Removed and cleaned the injectors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -