EBAY SUCKS

Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default EBAY SUCKS

Well I think I goofed up. I sold some wheels on ebay.The auction ended last Saturday(1 week ago today) I sent the buyer a message asking how he wanted them shipped 2 boxes or 1 big one. No answer so I sent him invoice with the cheaper of the two. No answer no payment. after 4 days I send a message asking if he got invoice. No answer. After 6 days sent him a message saying I would like to know his intentions and that if he wasn't able to complete the transaction let me know so I could try to sell to someone else.He won the auction right at the last second and the next lower bidder was only 5 or 6 bucks lower. Still never paid never communicated at all. Nothing. So today I sent a second chance offer to the next guy and he immediately accepted and paid. Well It had been 7 calender days since auction (8-8 - 8-15) but it hadn't reached the hour of the auction ending yet,so I couldn't do a unpaid item thing yet until almost midnight...well I sent him a message telling him not to pay because I did the 2nd chance due to lack of communication on his part. Ebay has me billed for TWO sales rather than 1. I went ahead and did the unpaid item thing and it says they are going to contact him and request payment within 7 days....well I can't do that cause I sold the wheels...so NOW WHAT? Am I going to be stuck paying the final value fee on both Auctions when there was only one sale?

sorry so long.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:38 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Are you the guy I bought those wheels from? Man I been trying to get a hold of you for days...

Naw, I am jerking your leg,

I quit using ebay about 2 years ago. 100% feedback and all. Just got too difficult to dispute invoicing with them and their fees keep going up like a 2 peckered billy goat in a whore house...

I been there done that, You can dispute it, but just know your going to get invoiced way before the dispute is resolved. Ebay will expect you to pay that invoice and want to credit you the next billing cycle, unless you can contact ebay via telephone and talk to someone with an american accent, who has a bit of understanding and is willing to help a person in need out......

Another problem you may have may be with the ebay buyer seller payment terms. Or worse yet, hope this guy doesn't send you the funds in the next day or so...

Ya know Todd, if you would have sold a crank, ring gear or head gasket, I believe your transaction would have went without a glitch.

When it comes to wheels, well enough said.

Time to pull the gig out. LOL

Hope things go well with your Ebay dispute.
ashbros
Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him this immediately after the auction.

Thanks for the purchase.As I stated in the auction I couldn't figure out how to plug more than one box in the shipping calculator,so I stacked all 4 together and entered that measurement. I went to UPS.COM just now and got a shipping quote for the one large package 17x18x44 @66 lbs it was about what the ebay calculator said...around $41. I also quoted it as two packages...one rear wheel and one front wheel per package(was thinking of taping the two boxes together)shipping them this way was way more expensive. $62.44. I'm not sure which way would be the safest for your wheels.I will tape all 4 together really well and write "do not stack or drop" on all 4 sides. If you are comfortable with that that's what I'll do. If you would rather them be two seperate boxes then shipping will be $62.44. Let me know which way you want them shipped and I will pack them in my CENTERLINE wheel boxes as securely as I can.If one box is ok then shipping will be what the ebay calculator said. Thanks again.

Then 4 days later this

Just a reminder about your wheels. Could you please let me know when you will send payment or if you didn't get the invoice I sent. Thank you

Then this on FRIDAY

I was just wondering if there was a problem with your payment or if you didn't receive the invoice I sent regarding the wheels. If there is a problem I would appreciate it if you would let me know. If for some reason you do not intend to complete the transaction,could you please let me know so I can attempt to sell them to someone else? Thank You
Todd

Then this on Saturday,one week after the Auction

Do not send payment. I sold the wheels to the next highest bidder. It has been a week and you have not responded to my messages. If there was a problem delaying payment I would have worked with you but since there was no communication on your part I had to do a second chance offer. Sorry

I have only had one person ever before that didn't pay the day of or the day after the Auction when using paypal...I have had a couple pay with money orders and they at least contacted me and let me know. I thought that's how it was supposed to work...is it common for people to NOT at least acknowledge they got the invoice? I have had zero contact from him.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:23 AM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

FYI, I USE EBAY ALL THE TIME. IF THERE IS A ITEM I AM 100% GOING TO BUY , I AM WATCHING IT RIGHT DOWN TO THE END AND ALL I WILL USE IS ( PAYPAL ). LIST YOUR FUTURE ITEMS TO BE WITH PAYPAL AND YOU MUST RECIEVE WITHIN 48 HOURS. PAYPAL IS EASY FOR ANYONE TO SETUP AND USE UNLESS YOU DONT HAVE ANY MONEY IN THE BANK. IF THEY SAY NO, YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:44 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

You HAVE to put paypal now there is NO other option to be paid with.
IMO you should of waited and filled out the deal with no one paying then they would of relisted them for cheap and gave you, your money back from the first listing.

I had this happen a year or so ago on a car, I got on the ebay live deal and explained what happened to them, and they did credit the first go around so I didnt get wacked with fees twice.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: EBAY SUCKS

Originally Posted by Tod74
Well I think I goofed up. I sold some wheels on ebay.The auction ended last Saturday(1 week ago today) I sent the buyer a message asking how he wanted them shipped 2 boxes or 1 big one. No answer so I sent him invoice with the cheaper of the two. No answer no payment. after 4 days I send a message asking if he got invoice. No answer. After 6 days sent him a message saying I would like to know his intentions and that if he wasn't able to complete the transaction let me know so I could try to sell to someone else.He won the auction right at the last second and the next lower bidder was only 5 or 6 bucks lower. Still never paid never communicated at all. Nothing. So today I sent a second chance offer to the next guy and he immediately accepted and paid. Well It had been 7 calender days since auction (8-8 - 8-15) but it hadn't reached the hour of the auction ending yet,so I couldn't do a unpaid item thing yet until almost midnight...well I sent him a message telling him not to pay because I did the 2nd chance due to lack of communication on his part. Ebay has me billed for TWO sales rather than 1. I went ahead and did the unpaid item thing and it says they are going to contact him and request payment within 7 days....well I can't do that cause I sold the wheels...so NOW WHAT? Am I going to be stuck paying the final value fee on both Auctions when there was only one sale?

sorry so long.
Why DO You Guys Keep Using EGAY?Its the SAME OLD S#IT Time and TIME Again?
EGAY And Pay-PAL=2 P.O.S#!TS!!!!!!!
Sorry TOD,but FACTS are FACTS!
Later
G 8)
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Greg I think he prob uses it for the same reason I do once in awhile, people no matter what buy on ebay for some reason the rest of the world falls off and ebay still bring dumb prices on things.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 AM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

FOR ME THE SELLERS RATING PLAYS A HEAVY ROLE. YES THERE IS ALWAYS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING THOUGH. LOOK AT ALL THE REVIEWS THAT ARE ON THIS FORUM FROM PRIVATE SELLERS TO BUSINESSES. MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE RATING ON HERE, IT MIGHT RESULT IN LESS SCAMS OR FALSE ADVERTISING. FRANK
Old 08-16-2009, 11:04 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Well, fortunately, being a business owner, I have my own merchant account and can accept Visa/MC without issue.

In the auctions I post, which are few and far between, I only accept Visa/MC and tell them to call me within 2 business days of auction end to remit payment. I also state this in the payment instructions of the auction.

If they don't want to do that, 2 days later they get an unpaid item filed against them and I move on.

Ebay sucks... They're slowly driving it into the dirt, and I can't wait till it's over. Right now, the market is prime for someone else to step up and take over. I'd love to see Craigslist do it.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

You can't do the unpaid item until 7 days later. They sold on August 8 and I waited til Aug 15

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -