Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a little more tire hit

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

need a little more tire hit

i have a 2x3 chassis strut front four link rear. i need a little more hit im running lees hp than what was in it. im running a 496 glide 4500 stall leaving at 3800. i may need tires i dont know how old they are. im running 32x14 hoosier. my best 60' is 1.36. its just not hooking like it should and it may go a 1.41 and the next pass a 1.36. what should i screw up first?
    HOLY SH@* WHATS BROKE NOW

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    If you are not sure about the tires, then that would be the first thing to look at. With your 60 ft. times that inconsistant, it would be a good place to start.

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i agree with ts, thats a fairly big swing between runs if all else is equal. in other words, no chassis adjustment between rounds.

i ordered a new set of mickeys today well see what happens

It may take a few run to wake up the compound on those mickeys, but after that, i think you will be happy, what rear shocks are you running?

double adjustable they are soft

You can get more hit by raising the top bar a hole, i was on the bumper because the CG was off so bad on my 4 link. Haven't been out since the change (dropped it 2 holes) and scaled the car, put 30lbs right side, but maybe i'll find out friday nite T&T if it don't rain, been rained out for 1 1/2 month, we only race and T&T every 2 weeks.

Zip.

how many clicks do you have in compression, stiffer compression and softer extension, will get you more hit.

Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    You can get more hit by raising the top bar a hole, i was on the bumper because the CG was off so bad on my 4 link. Haven't been out since the change (dropped it 2 holes) and scaled the car, put 30lbs right side, but maybe i'll find out friday nite T&T if it don't rain, been rained out for 1 1/2 month, we only race and T&T every 2 weeks.

Zip.

Zip, I wonder if this is the difference in the door car vs dragster, but we've lowered the top bar *front* holes to get more hit, shorter IC. Must be it is different with a door car, was thinking this would go the same for all 4 links as they are the same concept. Just wondering here thanks for the info
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

mines not super fast 1.36 60' my front tires never leave the ground or not enought that you can see it anyway.